5 Things You Need to File Your Injury Claim
Being involved in a serious accident or suffering injuries at work is not ideal for any person, but does unfortunately happen. If you have recently been involved in an accident that resulted in a personal injury or property damage, you will need to follow these simple steps to make sure that your case reaches its full potential.
- Immediately seek medical attention for any injuries or if you are unsure about the condition of your health. Many injuries do not surface instantly, which is why seeing a doctor right after being injured will be vitally important to your claim. Additionally, the doctor will have records on file regarding your injuries and current health to prove that the accident led to your injuries.
- Take pictures of the accident. If you or a person that is with you is able to take pictures of the accident, it is important that you do so. This evidence may disappear or diminish quickly once the emergency response crew arrives and begins cleanup of the accident.
- Gather witness statements. If you are able, speak to any witnesses and gather information that they may have. Take down their name, phone number, email address, or another way to reach them. They may have pertinent information that you did not catch, such as if the other driver was speeding or if they ran a red light.
- Do not accept a settlement from the insurance company until your attorney advises you to do so. Allowing your Raleigh personal injury attorney to advise you throughout the entire process is a smart idea; they have handled many accident cases and know when an insurance company is providing you with a fair settlement.
- Do not keep any information from your attorney. It is important that your personal injury lawyer knows all aspects of your case – it can make a large difference in the outcome of your case.
To learn more about personal injury, car accident, and other related cases, do not hesitate to contact a Raleigh personal injury lawyer from the Whitley Law Firm. They are ready to help you file your claim today!