Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Whether the victim flew off their bike or was dragged along with it, motorcycle accidents can be a very traumatic experience. It is imperative that motorcyclists operate their vehicles with extreme caution, as according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to be involved in a fatal accident than people driving cars.
Common types of injuries that are involved with these types of accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Road Rash: Road rash is a common and less severe type of injury that may occur. This happens when the motorcyclist falls off their bike and suffers from burns, rashes and lacerations. Depending on how fast they are going and what type of clothing they are wearing, it can affect how severe the road rash may be. If not treated properly, road rash can become infected.
- Fractures or Broken Bones: Due to the lack of protection, factures and broken bones can easily occur. This includes fingers, hands, arms, legs or any other body part that is injured and can be more severe depending on the amount of protection that is worn.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Depending on the impact and whether or not the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet, brain injuries can occur and may leave lasting and life-altering side effects.
- Disfigurement: From road rash scars to broken bones and loss of limbs, disfigurement can cause lasting effects to the motorcycle victim. Depending on the severity of the disfigurement involved, it can cause the victim to become self-conscious and depressed as well.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Depending on the severity involved, injury to the spine can often lead to permanent disability or paralysis. This type of injury can alter a person’s life completely, causing them to need additional care for the rest of their life.
- Fatality: Unfortunately, not all motorcycle accident victims make it out alive. If your loved one passed away because of another driver, we can provide you with the compassion and determination you need to handle this unsettling situation.
No matter what type of injuries that you or your loved one may be facing, now is the time to effectively begin your case and get the compensation that is deserved. Our goal is to address your legal matters and help you determine the best plan of action.
Representation from an Experienced Raleigh Personal Injury Attorney
Motorcycle accident injuries can lead to life-changing and life-ending results. As the victim or loved one of the victim, the Raleigh accident lawyers at our firm can help. We understand the importance of addressing the unique needs and situations of our clients. With more than 80 years of collective legal experience, we can help them begin their case, file an effective claim and see to it that they get the representation they are entitled to.
Whether road rash, spinal cord injuries or fatality was the result, do not hesitate to learn more about your options and get started with your case in the right direction. Call Whitley Law Firm to speak with a professional about your matters involving motorcycle accident injuries!