Charlotte Car Accident Lawyer
Whitley Law Firm stands apart from other North Carolina injury firms. We’re not a settlement mill that pressures clients to accept low offers so we can get our payment. We don’t serve thousands of clients, just to resolve their cases without a second thought. Our Charlotte car accident lawyers represent seriously and catastrophically injured Charlotte residents and offer whole-hearted, hands-on care based in kindness.
Since 1974, our firm has offered more than legal support. We’ve dedicated our careers to extending heartfelt, compassionate representation that feels like a warm hug. If you were severely hurt in a car accident, our injury lawyers want to help you hold the liable party accountable for your losses. A successful insurance claim or lawsuit could offer coverage for your medical bills, lost wages, and other injury-related losses.
We’re available around the clock to answer your questions and address your concerns. To learn more, call (919) 785-5000.
Our Charlotte Car Accident Lawyers Want to Be Part of Your Support System
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident is stressful. You’re likely in pain, facing a life-changing injury, worrying about missing work, and wondering how you’ll make ends meet.
Unfortunately, that’s not all there is to worry about. Next comes the burden of managing your claim and dealing with pushy insurance companies that want to settle your claim for pennies on the dollar.
We are here to lift your personal injury case’s pressure off your shoulders. We want you to focus on managing your injury while we manage every aspect of your claim. So, here’s what we’ll do for you:
- Provide emotional support and legal counsel for you and your family throughout every stage of the claims process
- Work with you, your family, and other support networks to ensure your medical needs are met
- Protect your rights and ensure fair treatment during the legal process
- Investigate the accident to identify the at-fault parties and gather the evidence required to build a strong case
- Evaluate and calculate the full extent of your injuries, accounting for current and ongoing financial damages
- Handle communications with other parties involved in your claim, including insurance adjusters, eyewitnesses, law enforcement officials, financial planners, and health care providers
- Manage the paperwork and legal deadlines related to your case
- Negotiate with insurance companies and pursue appropriate compensation for your losses
- File a lawsuit, if necessary
- Prepare and present your case in court, if necessary
Our auto accident lawyers want you to feel heard, valued, and cared for. We don’t ever want you to feel as though you’re bothering us with your questions or making too many appointments; we work for you. We’re always on hand to answer your questions and offer updates on your claim’s progress.
How Much Does It Cost to Retain Legal Services?
We know you are likely facing medical bills that you might be paying for the rest of your life. We want you to focus entirely on managing your injuries and recovering as much as possible. Whitley Law Firm provides our legal services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning there is nothing to pay until we obtain a favorable outcome for your case. In this arrangement:
- We don’t request retainers or hourly rates.
- Our lawyers take a percentage of your settlement as payment for our attorney’s fees.
- You learn about this percentage from the outset of our partnership.
Securing a lawyer’s help shouldn’t feel like a huge financial obligation. You have enough out-of-pocket expenses as it is. With a contingency-fee arrangement, you can channel your focus on healing––not on affording legal assistance. You can learn more about the details of this arrangement during your free case review.
Our Lawyers Seek Every Damage Stemming From Your Charlotte Car Accident
After an accident, the road to recovery can be a challenging journey. For example, it is common for North Carolina insurance companies to place profit over your well-being. As such, it is in their best interest to pay the least compensation possible.
Unfortunately, a lowball offer might not come close to covering the cost of your:
- Hospital bills
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Other related losses
Suffering a catastrophic injury will result in severe physical and emotional pain, affecting your ability to work and lead a normal life. That makes it crucial to consider dedicated legal help. You do not want to attempt to handle this alone nor do you want a lawyer who’s eager to settle your case quickly and cheaply. You want an advocate who fights for everything you deserve.
Compensable Losses in a Charlotte Car Accident Case
Based on the severity of your condition, along with the accident’s effect on your life, recoverable damages could include:
- Medical bills, treatment, and rehabilitation costs (these could total into the hundreds of thousands or even higher)
- Lost wages (including tips, bonuses, and self-employment income)
- Loss of future earning capacity if your injuries leave you permanently unable to work or require you to take a lesser paying job
- Current and ongoing physical pain and emotional suffering
- The costs associated with hiring in-home care or purchasing specialized medical equipment such as a motorized wheelchair
- Outfitting your home or vehicle to accommodate your injuries (e.g., installing a wheelchair ramp or widening doorways)
- Lost or damaged property
- Anything you spent out of pocket, such as temporary transportation costs
At Whitley Law Firm, we treat you like family. By building a genuine connection, we learn how the accident has affected you and your family. This way, we leave no stone unturned when evaluating your current and ongoing financial damages.
We Advocate for the Families of Late Charlotte Car Accident Victims
If you are grieving the loss of a family member following a fatal collision, please accept our deepest sympathies. We understand if you feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to move forward––and we would be honored to manage your wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
A wrongful death claim is a civil action that provides justice and compensation for families who have lost loved ones due to others’ negligence. We know this is a difficult and emotional process. As such, we provide our full and dedicated support to help you hold those at fault accountable for your losses, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Emotional distress
We help you navigate the complex legal process with empathy, sensitivity, and respect for your emotional journey.
Our Case Results Demonstrate Our Commitment to Our North Carolina Car Accident Clients
To us, our case results are more than dollar figures; they represent our commitment to helping our neighbors get their lives back on track. Here is how we’ve helped people in situations like yours:
- Our client was a mail carrier in a rural area. While making deliveries, a truck collided with her vehicle. Our truck accident attorneys secured $5.5 million for her.
- We were honored when a North Carolina family came to us with their wrongful death case. A tractor-trailer collided with their loved one’s car, resulting in fatal injuries. We secured a $3 million settlement through negotiations.
- We recovered $1.5 million for a man who suffered a broken nose, fractured ankle, and damaged kidney in an accident with a negligent driver.
Our Previous Clients Share Their Opinions About Our Charlotte Law Firm
You have a lot to deal with after suffering injuries in a car accident. You shouldn’t have second thoughts about your lawyer’s commitment to success. To ease your worries, we’ve included some first-hand accounts we’ve received from previous clients. Some have shared:
- “I would just like to thank you for your hard work. It resulted in my favor. I look forward to continuing working with you. I appreciate your advice, honesty and integrity. You made me feel special. I will have no trouble recommending you to everyone. Thanks again and I look forward to the future with you.” – Sharon B.
- “I don’t know where to begin this review for the Amazing Ben Whitley and Jocelyn Pettey. I could start by saying how quick they were to help with my case and how hard they worked but how would you determine they are different from any other law firm? Well, I would tell you that Jocelyn is one of the hardest working and friendliest woman I have ever encountered…I would tell you also that Ben Whitley, who the wonder-woman Jocelyn aids, is genuine, kind and compassionate. Mr. Whitley will ACTUALLY believe your side and fight for you.” – Danielle G.
We hope these personal accounts highlight our commitment to providing exceptional client care. We work tirelessly to pursue the compensation you need.
What Should I Do After Suffering a Car Accident?
Our Charlotte, North Carolina, auto accident attorneys know that for passengers and drivers alike, there are significant risks that come with riding in a car. Unfortunately, while most North Carolinians are aware of this fact, it doesn’t hit home until someone gets hurt.
Accidents happen in the blink of an eye. If you or a loved one is seriously hurt, it is easy to become frightened and overwhelmed. However, it is important to remain calm and protect your best interests. As such, the following steps can protect your physical and financial well-being:
- Seek medical help. Even if you appear fine, you may have “hidden” injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury or internal bleeding. Early medical attention could make for a straightforward recovery. Your doctor can also give us information to support the nature of your condition, such as x-rays and other imaging scans.
- Notify your insurance company. Even if you didn’t cause the collision, you should still tell your insurance company. You might even have options for filing a claim with your own insurer based on your coverage options.
- Refuse to give a recorded statement. The other party’s insurance company may ask for an on-the-record statement after the collision. Don’t give one. Your Charlotte car accident lawyer can give the insurance companies the information they need.
- Take photos of the scene. If you’re still at the accident scene, take photos of your surroundings, your injuries, and your vehicle’s damage. This information can help your lawyer piece together what led to the collision.
- Participate in a free consultation. It costs you nothing to discuss your case with Whitley Law Firm. Everything you share is confidential, and we don’t move forward without your go-ahead.
Managing a bodily injury claim alone can be stressful and confusing, especially while dealing with serious injuries. We help you move forward by offering our knowledge, resources, compassion, and experience. Our personal injury attorneys handle the legal process, giving you the space and time to focus on being with your family and getting your life back on track.
What Should You Look for in a Car Accident Attorney?
It’s very important that you pick the right attorney for you. You want to be sure you are comfortable with your relationship with them as well as their experience and competence. When you’re looking into attorneys, be sure you check out their:
- Testimonials and Google reviews
- Education and experience handling your type of case
Take advantage of a free consultation. Get to know them and see if they make you feel comfortable. You want someone who listens to you and your concerns, has the answers you need, and makes you feel like your case is important to them.
Be Aware of the Ticking Clock: How Statutes of Limitations Impact Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases have statutes of limitations. These laws dictate the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. In North Carolina, injured parties generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, per G.S. §1-52. Wrongful death claimants typically have two years to file their lawsuits, according to G.S. § 1-53.
It is beneficial to start your claim as soon as possible for the following reasons:
- We need to preserve evidence. As time passes, key evidence can be harder to obtain. For instance, eyewitnesses could forget certain details with time. Video recordings can get overwritten automatically. We want to get a jumpstart on your case, so we can gather much-needed evidence.
- You want compensation as soon as possible. Waiting too long to file your claim or lawsuit can leave you with mounting medical bills and other financial burdens. The sooner you act, the quicker you could reach a settlement and move forward with your life.
If the idea of filing a lawsuit seems overwhelming, remember: we take on the legal heavy lifting for you. You do not have to worry about meeting strict deadlines, gathering evidence to prove your entitlement to compensation, or negotiating with insurance companies for a fair settlement. We’ve got you covered.
Discuss Your Case With Our Charlotte Car Accident Attorneys – It’s Free
Working with an experienced personal injury lawyer can offer great peace of mind during an otherwise stressful period. By enlisting the help of a knowledgeable and compassionate advocate, you are in a good position to move forward.
Whitley Law Firm has helped seriously injured North Carolinians with compensation claims for almost five decades. During that time, we have accrued a deep understanding of what it means to be injured and how it can impact families and finances. We are also well-versed in the legal challenges that commonly arise when dealing with insurance companies when pursuing fair compensation.
To learn how we can help with your journey to recovery, call for a free consultation with our team at (919) 785-5000.