Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, you want more than tenacious legal advocacy; you want support and compassion. Whitley Law Firm is here during this challenging period. We strive to offer support that feels like a warm hug. Every time you call your lawyer, you can get legal advocacy and someone to lean on.
A Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer from our team can take on your fight for compensation, championing your rights at each step of the legal process. To explore your options and share your story during a free case review, dial (919) 785-5000.
Get the Whitley Advantage for Your Motorcycle Injury Case
The Whitley Advantage is not just one thing; it’s everything. We treat our clients the way we would want to be treated. We listen – really listen – to our clients. Our clients know that we care about them and their families. When our family of personal injury lawyers works on your claim, you can breathe easy knowing that you’re in good hands.
How a Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help With Your Injury Case
You should not have to deal with the at-fault driver’s claims adjuster while trying to get better from your injuries and rebuild your life. Instead, you could put your injury claim in the capable hands of a Charlotte motorcycle collision attorney so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
We will perform a thorough investigation of the accident and gather evidence to prove who caused the crash. We will deal directly with the insurance company, including the claims adjuster, and negotiate on your behalf. If we reach a fair settlement, we will guide you through the settlement process, including a careful review of anything you need to sign.
If the case does not settle and it is appropriate to file a lawsuit, we handle all the aspects of litigation, discovery, pre-trial hearings, and trial. Most of these cases eventually settle before going to trial, but we have your back in case yours needs to go to court.
It Costs Nothing to Partner With a Charlotte Motorcycle Crash Attorney
You do not have to be wealthy to benefit from our 80-plus years of combined legal experience. It will not cost you anything out of pocket to get us started working on your motorcycle accident case because we do not charge upfront legal fees.
Instead, we use a contingency-fee arrangement. We get paid a percentage of the settlement proceeds or court award at the end of your case. Also, we have a strict no-fee guarantee on these cases. If you do not win, you do not owe us attorney’s fees. It’s that simple.
Our Lawyers Can Prove Negligence in Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Most personal injury claims require you to prove negligence. This means that the at-fault party did something that a reasonable person in the same situation would not. To hold the other party responsible for your losses, we must present evidence that proves:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. Let’s use the example of a collision between a car and your motorcycle. The driver of the car, like everyone who operates a motor vehicle on North Carolina streets and highways, has an obligation to drive safely and obey traffic laws.
- The driver violated their legal duty. When a person breaches a legal duty of care, they are negligent. In our scenario, the driver of the automobile failed to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left. The driver’s carelessness amounted to negligence.
- The negligence caused the accident. The car struck you on your motorcycle when the automobile turned left illegally. The driver of the car was 100 percent at fault in causing the crash.
- Quantifiable damages. You must have measurable losses from the collision. Physical injuries satisfy this element of liability.
We can pursue a claim for monetary damages for your injuries and other losses after proving these four required factors.
Recoverable Monetary Damages After a Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Injury
The types of damages you can pursue after a motorcycle accident in Charlotte will depend on the facts of your situation. Every injury case is different. After an injury, a Charlotte motorcycle accident victim may seek compensation for their losses, which can include:
- Current and future medical bills for injury-related treatment
- Lost wages, such as the paychecks you missed while recuperating from your condition
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic losses, like scarring, disability, and loss of enjoyment of life
If a person suffers an injury that leaves them permanently disabled, they might not be capable of returning to their work. This inability to work can lead to immense financial strain that can easily drain a family of its savings in a short period of time. If this situation sounds familiar, we can include those financial hardships in your claim.
Also, if your loved one passed away because of a motorcycle crash, we can help the family seek additional compensation for the legal beneficiaries in a wrongful death claim. The road to recovery can be long and difficult for victims of motorcycle accidents and their families, but with a lawyer on their side, they can seek justice.
The Filing Deadline for Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits in North Carolina
If you wait too long to seek compensation for your losses from a motorcycle crash, you could lose the right to hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses. Time can pass quickly when recuperating from severe wounds, so please keep these statutes of limitations in mind:
- G.S. § 1-52 is the personal injury lawsuit statute of limitations in our state. It says that your case must get filed within three years of the incident.
- G.S. § 1-53, the statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits, gives you only two years to file your case if your close relative passed away because of a motorcycle accident.
The American Bar Association warns that missing the filing deadline could forever prevent you from pursuing a claim for compensation.
What You Should Know About Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Charlotte
Some people assume that all they need to do is contact the liable insurance company, and they will receive the money they deserve for their injuries. Unfortunately, you could miss out on significant compensation if you do not know these truths:
- The claims adjuster’s job is to settle injury claims for as little money as possible, which is usually far less than the injured person should receive. The claims adjuster has no duty to tell you how much your case is worth or to offer you a fair settlement.
- The claims adjuster is allowed to negotiate and lead you to believe that they are acting in good faith, then “ghost” when the statute of limitations expires. They do not have to explain the filing deadline that applies to your case.
- Claims adjusters sometimes blame the injured person for the crash and deny their claim for compensation. People who try to handle their injury claims without an attorney helping them often give up when this happens, even though they were not negligent and did not cause the accident.
These are but a few examples of the many things that claims adjusters won’t share and could devastate your injury case. However, you don’t have to worry about navigating the insurance claims process with Whitley Law Firm on your side. We manage your case’s many obligations from beginning to end.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accident Cases in Charlotte
We want to supply all the information you need to make informed decisions about your situation. As you consider working with a motorcycle injury lawyer from our firm, you may wonder:
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Drivers of passenger vehicles have a responsibility to share the road with motorcyclists, but unfortunately, human error is the leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
Such driver negligence should never occur, especially since drivers should have both eyes on the road at all times. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Cars or trucks veering into the same lane as the motorcycle
- Inexperienced driving
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Even if you don’t see the cause of your specific situation listed above, you still have legal options. Our team can discuss those options during your free case review.
What Injuries Allow Me to Seek Damages?
If you suffered injuries that required you to seek medical attention, you could benefit from hiring a Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer. Since we first opened our doors in 1974, we’ve helped people with these injuries recover compensation:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Fractured bones
- Whiplash, strains, and sprains
- Organ damage
- The loss of one or more limbs
We also advocate for families who have lost loved ones. While compensation can’t undo your grief, it can offer closure and financial justice.
How Long Does It Take to Seek Damages?
Our team intends to recover compensation as quickly and as efficiently as possible. However, without reviewing your situation, there’s no way to tell how long your case will take. It could take weeks, months, or even years to achieve a fair outcome.
We urge you to remain patient during this challenging time. Don’t accept a settlement just for the sake of resolving your case. Rather, entrust Whitley Law Firm with your injury case. Our lawyers can handle its obligations and seek what you deserve.
Contact Our Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Team
If you are ready to get justice and compensation for your injuries, contact a Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer from Whitley Law Firm. Call (919) 785-5000 today to start a consultation with a legal professional. Come get the Whitley Advantage on your side.