Greenville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents often cause severe injuries and losses. You may be dealing with a long-term, expensive recovery. Time away from work and out-of-pocket expenses can quickly add up to financial instability. Unfortunately, these added stresses may make it difficult for you to focus on your health. If you were the victim of someone’s negligent or reckless actions, you shouldn’t have to suffer these effects. Our Greenville motorcycle accident lawyer can help.
At Whitley Law Firm, we’re more than just lawyers—we’re close confidants, leaders, and advisors. The breadth of services we provide all funnel towards one goal: ensuring that your recovery is as smooth as possible. To meet this standard, we manage every detail of your case from start to finish. We also strive to improve your state of mind after an accident by providing the compassion and individualized attention you need.
The genuine care we have for our clients, the support we aim to provide for injured people in our community, that’s the Whitley Advantage. Contact us at (919) 785-5000 for a free legal consultation or to learn more about what the Whitley Advantage means for you.
You May Be Entitled to Recover These Compensatory Damages
We use “damages” to refer to your losses after an accident. These are often divided into two categories: economic and non-economic. Your economic damages are easier to tally, as they can be verified through your bills, repair estimates, and receipts. Your non-economic damages aren’t as easy to assign a value.
Non-economic damages refer to your physical and personal suffering after an accident. While they don’t have a direct financial cost much of the time, they are still significant losses that will continue to affect your life and health. We may use your testimony, your doctor’s testimony, and your medical records to assign a value to your personal suffering.
Our Greenville motorcycle accident lawyer may pursue recovery for these types of losses on your behalf:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy bills
- Lost wages
- Past, present, and future pain and suffering
- Past, present, and future mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of earning capacity if you’re unable to return to work or to the same position
- Loss of consortium, family, or spousal support
After years of fighting for seriously injured people, we understand the importance of your financial award. Compensation for these losses will help you heal, move forward, and overcome the obstacles that another person’s negligence created for you. We will fight to recover an amount that will mitigate your suffering now and in the future.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries We See
The kind of injuries you suffer could have long-term implications for your health and finances. That is why we pay special attention to your future medical needs, as we want to be sure that you have everything you need to reach maximum medical improvement.
The most common types of injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Internal injuries
- Road rash
We will pursue a fair amount of compensation for everything you suffer. You shouldn’t have been saddled with these injuries and the cost of treatment to begin with. We can fight to ensure that you are repaid for this injustice.
Do I Need to Hire a Greenville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Severely injured people often feel overwhelmed with the idea of filing a claim or lawsuit. You may be tempted to file a claim alone or settle your claim early, especially if you need the money sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, the legal process can be especially complex for people with serious and catastrophic injuries. You may be forced to deal with:
- Insurers devaluing or denying your claim
- The responsible party denying that they caused your accident
- Difficulties understanding the claims or lawsuit process
- Uncertainty about your next steps
Because wholehearted care is one of the tenants of our practice, we don’t want to take your money if you won’t benefit from our help. We care about your recovery. During your free consultation, we can offer counsel about your next steps.
Services We Provide for Severely Injured People in North Carolina
We’ve fought for our Greenville clients since 1974—we intimately understand the proceedings surrounding motorcycle accident cases, so our team can address any roadblock associated with your case. Plus, we work on a contingency-fee basis. Because of this fee arrangement, our Greenville motorcycle accident attorneys won’t cost you anything upfront.
These are some of the specific services we can provide:
- Gathering key evidence through a thorough investigation of your accident. We can visit the accident scene or gather evidence that may otherwise be difficult to find (e.g., surveillance footage, phone records, black box data).
- Answering any questions and concerns you have with responsive legal care. We return phone calls within 24 hours, plus you have the contact information of your attorney, so you can reach out at any time.
- Fighting every step of the way for the compensation you deserve, including through negotiations with the insurance company and opposing counsel. We will manage communication completely, so you don’t have to contend with these high-stress conversations.
- Protecting your best interests. Whether in court, over the phone, or in the office, we will put your needs, desires, and interests at the forefront of everything we do. After all, we work for you-–not the other way around.
- Managing every detail of your case. You should have every opportunity to heal and focus on yourself. We take care of everything, so you can direct your attention to what matters most.
Compassion Comes First
To us, winning your case is everything. However, a desirable result shouldn’t come at the cost of a positive client experience. We like to say that working with Whitley Law Firm feels like “one big hug.” Our team is patient, understanding, and compassionate. We will always keep you updated on the status of your case and listen—really listen—to any concerns you have about the process.
Here’s what our compassionate approach to law looks like in practice:
- You can request an appointment at any time.
- We will return your calls within 24 hours.
- We always treat you as we would like to be treated – the “Golden Rule” is a guiding principle for our firm.
- We give helpful legal advice.
We hope you’ll allow us to serve you during what may be the most difficult time of your life. You deserve a legal advocate who will know you as well as they know your case; we can provide that kind of security for you.
Our Team Will Demonstrate the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
All North Carolina drivers owe other road users a duty to operate their vehicles in a careful, reasonable, and prudent manner. This means that they must obey all traffic laws and regulations while operating their vehicles.
An individual who has been injured in a motorcycle accident must typically prove that an aggressive driver breached the applicable standard of care by driving in a reckless, careless, or aggressive manner for the road conditions.
Our team is here to handle this portion of your case. To identify the party responsible for your injuries, we can gather the following types of evidence on your behalf:
- Traffic camera footage
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- Medical records
- Police reports
Our team firmly believes in accountability—if your accident was caused by aggressive driving or negligent roadway behavior, you shouldn’t pay the price for someone else’s mistake. We will review the evidence to ensure that every detail is right. Then, we can fight for every cent you deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Greenville
Negligent and reckless behavior is often the cause of motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles are less visible and more vulnerable, so other drivers should pay special attention to avoid causing serious harm.
Motorcycle accidents are usually caused by one or more of the following types of negligent driving:
- Failing to check blind spots
- Failing to use turn signals
- Failing to yield
- Exceeding the posted speed limit
- Distracted driving (e.g., loud music, texting while driving, etc.)
Contact a Greenville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There are two things to know about working alongside Whitley Law Firm. First, we will do whatever it takes to fight for the compensation you deserve, even if it means standing up against large insurance companies or intimidating legal teams. Second, we care deeply about your recovery and well-being. You will always be our first priority.
To us, you aren’t a faceless case number, you’re family. Contact our firm at (919) 785-5000 to get legal advice that prioritizes your best interests or to learn more about working with our firm.