Raleigh Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
As our population grows older, there is an increasing dependency on institutional care for our elders. There are many federal and state regulations regarding the quality of care in nursing home institutions. Regardless of these regulations, nursing home abuse and neglect has become a widespread problem and now affects thousands of residents who are dependent on nursing homes for care.
Nursing home staff negligence can be difficult to recognize and is often covered up by nursing home staff. Our Raleigh nursing home abuse lawyers are familiar with all the rules and regulations governing the quality of care in nursing home institutions. To get started on a case, or for more information about the process of filing for damages, reach out to a professional injury attorney today. En Español.
We handle civil cases against the nursing homes our claims typically include:
- Patient neglect
- Personal injury: bed sores, bed falls, fractured hips, and more
- Violations of patients’ rights
Nursing Home Abuse vs. Neglect
Nursing home neglect occurs when a caretaker neglects to care for and treat the elderly in their home or when a victim is not being provided with their basic needs, such as a clean and safe environment, food, drink or nutrients. In many cases, the signs of nursing home neglect are not entirely obvious, even upon several visits by family members.
Nursing home abuse, on the other hand, may be more noticeable to outside family members who visit or speak with the victim. There are four main types of nursing home abuse, including physical abuse, emotional abuse, economic abuse, and sexual abuse.
What to Do If you Suspect Nursing Home Negligence
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury while at a nursing home or an assisted living facility and you believe nursing home negligence was involved, you should do the following:
- Ask questions. If a loved one suffered an injury, you should ask what happened, how it happened and why it happened. You have the right to ask nursing home administrators these questions when you are concerned about the safety and well-being of your loved one.
- Take photos. If you or a loved one suffered an injury, make sure that you take photos of the injury. Should you decide to take future legal action, these photos will prove useful.
- Get documentation. Anytime a resident in a nursing home is injured, the staff is supposed to document it. Ask to see documentation or ask for copies of the paperwork.
- Hire a lawyer. If you think that nursing home negligence played a role, it is important that you retain the services of a personal injury lawyer that can investigate the case and produce factual evidence.
How a Raleigh Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer Can Help
Has an elderly loved one been injured in any way as the result of negligent care in a nursing home? A Raleigh nursing home abuse lawyer at our law firm may be able to help.
We understand that this is often an emotionally difficult process for our clients, and we therefore strive to provide the level of client service, legal counsel and personal attention that makes a difference for our clients’ peace of mind and the outcome of their cases.
At The Whitley Law Firm, our nursing home abuse attorneys believe firmly in the rights of neglected residents and patients to be treated with the care and concern they deserve. We also encourage you to call a Raleigh lawyer at our law offices at 704-461-1621 if you suspect any form of abuse.