New Bern Car Accident Lawyer
Take a deep breath. The worst part of your accident is over, and you’ve come to the right place for legal support. You’re among friends here at Whitley Law Firm. We offer kindhearted, comprehensive legal support that feels like a warm hug.
A New Bern car accident lawyer from our firm does more than seek compensation for your injury-related losses. They manage all deadlines with the insurance company, abide by all case-related deadlines, and negotiate for full compensation. We have one focus when managing your case––and that’s on helping you rebuild your life.
To begin a free case review with our North Carolina firm, dial (919) 785-5000.
Our Collision Lawyers Serving New Bern Support You Every Step of The Way
At Whitley Law Firm, serving our clients’ needs and best interests is at the heart of everything we do. Our roots are here, so we know and care greatly about the people and communities we serve throughout North Carolina. As such, our personal injury team offers:
- A comprehensive and free initial legal consultation
- Continued emotional support and legal guidance throughout your case’s progression
- Attorneys solely focused on personal injury law with over five decades of combined experience
- Offices at multiple locations throughout the state
- Easy ways to communicate with your lawyer and get prompt responses
- Unlimited appointments – you can talk to your lawyer face-to-face whenever you need
- Regular case updates and check-ins to ensure you and your family receive the care and support you deserve
- A long history of success in resolving complex car accident cases
- No-win, no-fee legal representation
We’re prepared to do everything possible to advance your case.
Our Lawyers Shield You From Unfair Accusations of Negligence
North Carolina operates on a very strict negligence system. We are just one of few states that prevent injured claimants from recovering compensation if they contributed to the accident in any way. So, upon filing your claim, the liable insurer may blame you for what happened, hoping to avoid paying for your losses. That’s where your car accident lawyer in New Bern steps in.
From the moment we begin working for you, our auto accident attorneys protect your rights, providing advice on interacting with insurance companies and shielding you from accidentally saying something that could hurt your claim. Simply put, we do all of the legal heavy lifting. This way, you do not have to worry about investigating the accident, gathering evidence, identifying responsible parties, proving negligence (fault), or negotiating with insurers for a fair settlement. We take care of everything.
Our Lawyers Uncover the Cause of Your Car Accident in New Bern
We need to know the cause of your car accident to determine the at-fault and liable parties. This requires us to investigate the accident, interview witnesses, and perhaps even consult with accident reconstruction specialists. We may find that the other party caused your accident by:
- Engaging in drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
- Not adjusting their driving for adverse weather events
- Failing to maintain their vehicle
Many car accidents result from human error. So, we may start your case by filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider. If negotiations don’t yield a fair outcome, we can file a lawsuit and sue the at-fault party in civil court.
We’re Motivated by the Kind Words Our Clients Share
Choosing an injury law firm can be a daunting task. You deserve someone who is experienced and skilled but also caring and compassionate. Our clients’ well-being and satisfaction are our top priorities, which is why we are honored to share their stories and experiences with you below:
- “I would like to send my appreciation and gratitude out to the Whitley Law Firm in Kinston. Especially to BOB WHITLEY, along with all the other staff members. The entire staff treats everyone with respect, courtesy and dignity. Bob made me feel like I had another family with them. They helped me & my family through the roughest darkest days of our lives. For anyone who is seeking sound legal advice and direction, as well as welcome you in like you are part of their family–WHITLEY LAW FIRM is the ONLY place to call. Thank You all for everything and staying by my side every step I had to make!” – K.J.
- “I can do nothing but praise Whit and his staff. They were just a blessing for us. I just referred my sister-in-law to them and I tell everyone to go there. No words can say how they treat their clients!” – M.T.
- “You can put your stress in their hands and be grateful you did.” – D.G.
We Tend to Your Case With Warmth and Sensitivity After a Serious Accident
Whitley Law Firm wants to secure the compensation you deserve. Whether through a claim or lawsuit, we aim to recover the full cost of your:
- Medical treatment, hospitalization, and medications
- Funeral and burial or cremation costs (if you lost a loved one)
- The cost of replacing or repairing your car
- Temporary transportation arrangements
- Childcare costs
- Anything you spent out of pocket
- Lost wages, tips, commissions, and bonuses
- Loss of future earning capacity
We work tirelessly to hold the at-fault party financially accountable for your losses.
We Pursue Financial Recovery for Your Non-Economic Damages
Compensation should account for more than your monetary losses. It should also acknowledge the toll of the accident and injury on your life. Compensable non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma and mental anguish
- Loss of ability to pursue hobbies, career goals, and educational activities
- Scarring and disfigurement
You may wonder how we calculate damages that don’t come with inherent dollar values. We assess the details of the collision, your injuries, and your overall situation to arrive at a fair figure. North Carolina does not cap how much you can request through a claim or lawsuit.
We’ve Secured Millions for Our Injured Friends and Neighbors
To us, our case results represent more than the money we’ve secured for injured claimants. Instead, they represent our commitment to financial justice. We’re pleased to share these stories:
- Our client was a mail carrier in a rural area, going about her job like she did every day. Then, when she least expected it, a semi-truck collided with her vehicle, causing her to suffer paralysis and the loss of one eye. Through insurance negotiations, we secured a $5.5 million settlement. This accounted for her past, present, and future injury-related losses.
- We were stunned when we learned that our client suffered life-altering injuries in a collision involving a commercial bus. After gathering evidence and proving negligence, we secured $3.5 million in compensation through a post-mediation conference with the at-fault party’s lawyer.
- We were honored when a family entrusted us with their wrongful death case. Their loved one suffered fatal injuries in a collision involving a commercial truck. Whitley Law Firm recovered $3 million through insurance negotiations.
We hope that these results instill confidence in our ability to guide cases to fair outcomes.
Our New Bern Car Accident Attorneys Advocate for Those With These Injuries
While providing exceptional legal representation is one of our core values, so is taking care of you and your family during the legal process. This means we treat you like family and fight to protect your best interests as we would for one of our own. We are a shoulder to lean on, a source of compassionate counsel, and a dependable ally during difficult times.
We advocate for car accident claimants who have suffered life-altering injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries, such as spinal fractures
- Neck injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Pelvic injuries
We have represented clients with injury claims for over forty years, so we understand that a serious accident can turn your world upside down. During this time, we have helped families overcome the physical, emotional, and financial burdens of complex injuries. Our team is here to help you, too.
Frequently Asked Questions About New Bern Car Accident Cases
It’s understandable to have questions about car accident cases and what they entail. To put your mind at ease, we’ve compiled some of the most commonly asked questions we get from people in situations like yours. Of course, if you ever have questions about your particular case, we encourage you to start your complimentary case review.
What’s the Average Settlement Value for a New Bern Car Accident Claim?
There isn’t a database that keeps track of personal injury settlements in North Carolina. That’s because the outcomes of many cases are confidential, only known to the involved parties and their legal teams. These factors will influence the value of your collision claim:
- The severity of your condition
- Your estimated recovery period (if you can recover)
- Your missed time from work
- Harm to your earning capacity
- The other party’s role in the collision
- The liable insurance policy
- The cost of your out-of-pocket damages
As noted, North Carolina does not cap compensatory damages in car accident cases. This doesn’t limit how much you can recover with our team’s help.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Car Accident Claim?
We want to recover the compensation you need as soon as possible, and our team intends to combat any delays that could stall your case’s progression. It generally takes a few months to resolve a collision claim. Yet, based on your case’s details, it could take longer.
Some insurance companies purposefully drag out cases, hoping to discourage claimants from seeking compensation. If we sense that bad faith insurance practices have come into play, we fight tooth and nail against these tactics. We shield you from any unfair strategies that infringe on your legal rights.
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer?
Accepting the first settlement offer might not be in your best interest, especially if you don’t fully understand the nature of your condition. When an insurer offers a settlement, it’ll also ask that you sign a liability waiver. This waives your right to seek additional compensation, even if your condition worsens or you incur additional damages.
That makes understanding a settlement’s terms critical. Our lawyers handle all communications with insurance companies, and in doing so, we vet all settlement offers before passing them along to you. When your case ends, we want you to walk away with everything you need.
What’s the Most Important Thing I Should Do After a Car Accident?
Seeking medical attention should be at the top of your list after a collision. A doctor can examine your condition and advise you on a treatment plan that aims to better your quality of life. Additionally, they can supply much-needed information to bolster your case, such as:
- Expert testimony
- Imaging scans, such as x-rays and ultrasounds
- The names of your prescribed medications
- The details of your treatment plan
- Your prognosis
It’s not enough to just visit a doctor after a crash. You should also follow through with your recommended treatment plan, which may include going to physical therapy or relying on assistive devices. You don’t want the insurer to say that you made your condition worse by going against medical advice. What’s more, you want to do everything in your power to reach maximum medical improvement.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Whitley Law Firm’s Car Accident Team
For close to five decades, we have helped injured people recover the compensation they deserve and need to move on with their lives. We want to help you, too. Our sole focus on personal injury law and exceptional levels of client care make us different from other firms. It drives our passion to achieve a positive outcome for everyone we represent.
If a negligent driver seriously injured you or a loved one, connect with Whitley Law Firm for a free legal consultation at (919) 785-5000.