Fayetteville Car Accident Lawyer
There’s no going back in time and stopping the Fayetteville car accident that caused your injuries. However, you have options––one of which includes entrusting your case to the lawyers at Whitley Law Firm. Since 1974, we’ve recovered millions for car accident claimants, with settlements accounting for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
A Fayetteville personal injury lawyer from our firm can file your case and handle everything it entails. We offer free, no-obligation case reviews where you can meet our team and explore your legal options. Call (919) 785-5000 to begin your initial consultation.
Our Car Accident Attorneys Work With Your Best Interests at Heart
As we start on this legal journey together, we put your needs above all else. That’s a primary pillar of the Whitley Advantage that informs our approach to client care. The Whitley Advantage isn’t just one thing. It’s care, it’s compassion, it’s listening—really listening—it’s protecting our clients like we would our own family. It’s everything.
We Offer Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis
While researching your legal options, you may have concerns about affording a lawyer. You don’t have to worry about that with Whitley Law Firm. That’s because we work on a contingency-fee basis. With this arrangement:
- You pay nothing upfront.
- We don’t charge retainers or hourly rates.
- We only request compensation if we resolve your case.
- You owe nothing if your case doesn’t yield compensation.
You get the details of this arrangement in writing, so you know what to expect from the very beginning. Our attorneys do everything in their power to minimize your financial burdens during this challenging period.
We Prove Another Party’s Negligence Led to Your Collision
Once we learn your story, we send out investigators to collect evidence from the accident scene, talk to eyewitnesses, capture videos, and collect reports from first responders. If necessary, our accident experts will reconstruct the event to learn what we need to know.
From this evidence, we start constructing our case to prove negligence. Negligence is when someone acts with carelessness or recklessness, putting others at risk of serious injury.
To prove negligence, we must show:
- The at-fault driver had a duty of care to act with reasonable caution.
- The at-fault driver did not uphold this obligation by speeding, driving while intoxicated, or employing another careless act.
- The negligence caused the accident in which you suffered an injury.
- Your injury caused you to sustain damages.
Evidence we can use to prove negligence include your medical records, accident reconstruction data, and traffic camera footage.
We File Your Insurance Claim With the Liable Party
Once our team understands your case’s facts and your losses, we file your personal injury claim with the liable party’s insurance company. After that, the insurer will do one of the following:
- Deny your insurance claim, or
- Ask for more information, or
- Offer a settlement
The insurer’s response to your claim dictates our next steps. If it offers a low settlement, we can present additional evidence and negotiate a better offer. If the insurer refuses to cooperate, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
We File Your Personal Injury Lawsuit, if Necessary
In North Carolina, you generally have three years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit. Because memories fade and evidence gets shuffled around, it’s wiser to file a lawsuit sooner than later.
Also, if you do not file within three years, you will not be able to pursue compensation through the court system. While there are some exceptions that could give you more or less time to act, you shouldn’t assume anything about your case’s trajectory. Your Fayetteville car accident lawyer will file your case on time and manage its various obligations.
Our Auto Accident Lawyers Are Motivated by the Feedback Clients Leave Behind
At Whitley Law Firm, we treat our clients like family. Throughout our partnership, we take a personal interest in your life. You’re not a case number; you’re an injured individual in need of financial justice.
- “Aleigha Langtange was truly great to work with! I’m so glad she is the face of the firm as an intake Specialist, she made me actually decide to go with the firm. She is kind, understanding and a good listener. Thank you for everything.” —X
- “I would just like to thank you for your hard work. It resulted in my favor. I look forward to continuing working with you. I appreciate your advice, honesty and integrity. You made me feel special. I will have no trouble recommending you to everyone. Thanks again and I look forward to the future with you. Sincerely,” —Sharon
- “The entire staff treats everyone with respect, courtesy and dignity. Shannon and Bob made me feel like I had another family with them. They helped me & my family through the roughest darkest days of our lives. For anyone who is seeking sound legal advice and direction, as well as welcome you in like you are part of their family–WHITLEY LAW FIRM is the ONLY place to call.” ––K.J.
We’re confident that at the conclusion of your case, you’ll have similar thoughts about the quality of our legal service.
Our Fayetteville Personal Injury Attorneys Help Take Back Your Life
We can’t wipe away the damage done to you, but we can help you pursue maximum compensation from the responsible party. North Carolina allows victims to pursue both economic and non-economic damages. Here’s the difference between the two:
Economic Damages Account for Your Financial Losses
Your car accident attorney can assess your economic damages by reviewing receipts, invoices, and billing statements. For instance, we can use your medical bills to determine your healthcare costs, which may include medications, surgeries, and hospitalization.
Other economic damages include:
- Property damage costs. You may recover the cost of repairing or replacing your car and any personal property damaged in the collision, such as your phone.
- Lost income. The wages you lose during your recovery period are compensable. If you can work after the accident but at a lower-paying job, your lawyer can recover the cost of your lost earning capacity.
- Out-of-pocket expenses. You may have spent money out of pocket on various injury-related expenses. For instance, you may have hired someone to supervise your children during your recovery period. We can assess your out-of-pocket damages using receipts, then advocate for what you deserve.
This isn’t a comprehensive list of the types of damages you can recover. Your financial recovery options are unique to your situation.
Non-Economic Damages Reflect Your Intangible Hardships
Non-economic damages don’t usually come with receipts that show literal costs, but they are compensable. Such damages can include the pain and suffering you experience during and after the accident, along with:
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Impaired quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our car accident attorneys in Fayetteville account for each loss before we start the claims process. We also keep records of your anticipated costs, ensuring we account for everything in your case’s value.
Whitley Law Firm Has a Track Record of Successful Case Outcomes
For nearly 50 years, we’ve advocated for injured people, recovering compensation for their past, present, and future injury-related hardships. You don’t have to take our word for it, however. Instead, check out our previous case results:
- A 22-year-old car passenger suffered a traumatic brain injury and fractured hip when a bus struck her car. $3.5 million settlement
- A 60-year-old motorist was driving on a country road when a truck driver ran into his car. He survived for a few days on life support until he passed away. $3 million settlement
- A 43-year-old driver suffered damage to his kidney, nose, and ankle when another driver ignored a stop sign and crashed into his car. $1.5 million settlement
In another case we handled, our client was a mail carrier in a rural part of North Carolina. She was going about her day-to-day duties when a tractor-trailer struck her car. She was left permanently disabled by the accident, paralyzed and blind in one eye. Through an insurance settlement initiated by our legal team, we were able to recover $5.5 million.
We believe that our case outcomes speak to our commitment to client success and satisfaction. You can learn more about our previous case results when you connect with our Fayetteville law firm.
Questions Our Car Accident Lawyers Frequently Get
We often get phone calls from injured claimants, and they generally have many questions about the legal process and what it entails. Some car accident claimants have asked us:
What Accident Injuries Allow Me to Seek Financial Compensation?
At Whitley Law Firm, we focus on helping victims with severe injuries. We know your life can completely change after a car accident, and we use our 80 years of combined experience to seek the best possible settlement. We advocate for victims of:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Organ damage
- Limb loss
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crush injuries
- Nerve injuries
Any of these injuries may leave you disabled, disfigured, or with thousands of dollars in medical expenses. With our team’s help, you can focus on your recovery period and moving forward. Meanwhile, our experienced car accident lawyers will seek financial compensation from the negligent party.
What’s the Average Car Accident Settlement?
Truth be told, there isn’t an average car accident settlement. There’s no database that keeps track of car accident settlements, and even if they did, there’s no telling what figure would represent your circumstances. How much you can get depends on your situation.
However, these factors can contribute to the value of your car accident settlement:
- The severity of your condition
- Your estimated recovery period
- The cost of your injury-related losses
- How the accident happened
- The medical care you required
- Whether you lost a loved one
- Your missed time from work
- Your age at the time of the crash
One thing’s for certain: our team will fight for everything you need. We don’t settle for a penny less than you need to start your new life.
What Should I Do After My Car Accident in Fayetteville?
After your collision, you should do what makes sense for your situation. If you’re physically able to gather evidence, doing that could benefit your case. You may also consider:
- Refraining from posting on social media
- Referring settlement offers to your lawyer
- Seeking medical attention
- Documenting your losses, such as your missed time from work
If you can’t manage the obligations outlined above, that’s okay; your lawyer can handle your case’s tasks and fight for financial compensation.
What Happens if the Insurance Company Denies My Claim?
It’s not the end of the world if the liable insurance company denies your claim. Your lawyer may:
- Continue negotiating. This may involve presenting additional forms of evidence or re-reading the liable insurance policy.
- Present additional evidence. The insurance company may require substantial evidence to approve and pay out your claim. Your lawyer can procure these items and seek what you need. Additional supporting evidence can include the accident report, eyewitness statements, and forensic information.
- File a lawsuit. If negotiations don’t work out, we can file a personal injury lawsuit and sue the at-fault party. Sometimes, after we file a lawsuit, the insurance company decides to offer a fair settlement.
We have three words for you: you have options. While the path to compensation may seem long and arduous, with our team, it doesn’t have to feel that way. Our personal injury law firm intends to make the aftermath of your motor vehicle accident as straightforward as possible.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Fayetteville Car Accident Lawyers
Recovering from a serious injury requires all of your time and focus. During this period, you want more than an attorney. You want an advocate who has your best interest in mind.
Call us at (919) 785-5000, and let’s discuss your legal options. You are not alone in this battle. At Whitley Law Firm, you have our entire team rallying behind you. Connect with us today and set your case in motion.