Jacksonville Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents happen in seconds. Yet, the aftermath can stretch on for years. In a situation like this, you don’t want to manage the claims process alone. Dealing with insurance companies can quickly prove tiring, and you deserve to focus on your recovery.
Meet the team at Whitley Law Firm. A Jacksonville truck accident lawyer from our team can investigate your collision, evaluate your losses, and pursue financial recovery. To meet our team during a free case review, dial (919) 785-5000.
Why Entrust Your Case to Our Jacksonville Truck Accident Lawyers?
When Whitley Law Firm takes care of your truck crash injury claim, you get to rest and focus on recuperating from your wounds. We deal directly with the at-fault party and their insurance company.
We perform an investigation into what caused the collision. Additionally, our personal injury lawyers:
- Calculate your losses
- Determine fault and liability
- Handle all case-related communications
- Explain your legal options
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Negotiate with the liable insurer
We’re proud to say that most truck accident claims resolve through insurance negotiations. Yet, our trial-ready lawyers can file a lawsuit if necessary.
Our Lawyers Go the Extra Mile to Alleviate Your Financial Burdens
You might think that you cannot afford to hire a lawyer to handle your injury claim. But the truth is, it will not cost you anything upfront to get our help. We take these cases on a contingency-fee basis.
In contingency-fee arrangements, we work throughout the entire case without requesting a dime. We receive a percentage of the settlement or court award at the conclusion of the matter. If you do not win a recovery, you do not owe us our attorney’s fees. It’s that simple––and you can learn more about this arrangement during your initial consultation with our firm.
We’re Eager to Recover the Full Cost of Your Truck Accident in Jacksonville
No one can predict how much compensation a person might collect without talking to them and investigating the case. We have an in-house investigator who leaves no stone unturned when gathering pertinent evidence and evaluating our clients’ losses.
The specific facts of your situation will play a significant role in the types and amount of damages you could pursue in your injury claim. Examples of damages we have won for our truck collision injury clients include:
- Medical expenses. Typically, healthcare expenses are compensable. These include medications, hospitalization, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages. If you missed paychecks when you could not work because of your injuries, you have a claim for lost income.
- Future lost wages. Severe injuries can leave a person unable to earn as much money as before. You could recoup compensation for this hardship if a long-term condition affects how much income you can earn.
- Pain and suffering. This compensates you for the emotional and physical toll of your condition.
- Other non-economic losses. Like pain and suffering, non-economic damages don’t come with inherent monetary values. Instead, how much they’re worth depends on your situation. Examples of these damages include disability, scarring, and lost quality of life.
If your close relative lost their life in a Jacksonville truck accident, our hearts go out to you. We’re fully aware that compensation can’t undo your trauma. However, it can account for end-of-life care costs, funeral fees, and palliative care.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Compensation After a Truck Accident
Every state has a statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. You must adhere to this deadline or risk losing the chance to seek damages through litigation. In North Carolina, per G.S. § 1-52, you must file your lawsuit within three years of getting injured.
Our team understands your case’s filing deadline and the many obligations that come with seeking damages. The sooner you connect with us, the sooner we can put your case in motion.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jacksonville, NC, Truck Accidents
It’s understandable to have questions about your legal options as you consider representation. Our team wants you to have all the answers you need to make an informed decision.
You may ask:
Who Is Liable for Truck Accidents?
Liability for your truck accident may rest with:
- A trucker. If a trucker owned and operated the vehicle, and their negligence caused your accident, you could hold them liable for your losses.
- The trucker’s employer. An employer may be liable when it allows a trucker to drive, despite exceeding their allowable driving hours. It may also be liable when it imposes unreasonable schedules or otherwise encourages negligent driving practices.
- A truck’s maintenance crew. A maintenance crew could be liable for your losses if it didn’t maintain a truck properly or failed to inspect it.
Truck accident cases can get complicated because, sometimes, more than one party could have liability for a crash. You don’t have to worry about that with our team on your side, however. We’re not kidding when we say we’ll manage your case’s obligations.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Jacksonville?
Per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), most truck accidents result from driver error. Examples include:
- Distracted driving
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Failing to yield
As noted, other factors can contribute to truck accidents, such as poor maintenance and roadway hazards. Our team can determine the cause of your accident and seek fair compensation for your losses.
What Do Previous Clients Share About Whitley Law Firm?
We find that our clients appreciate our compassion. Some have disclosed:
- “I would just like to thank you for your hard work. It resulted in my favor. I look forward to continuing working with you. I appreciate your advice, honesty and integrity. You made me feel special. I will have no trouble recommending you to everyone. Thanks again and I look forward to the future with you.” ––S.B.
- “Mr. Whitley will ACTUALLY believe your side and fight for you. He is not the snake-in-the-grass with a venomous-bite type of Lawyer. He is a good man, with good principles and believes in companies doing what is right by their client.” ––D.G.
Get Started with a Jacksonville Truck Collision Lawyer
The Whitley Advantage means that we truly care about our clients. We listen to them, and we work tirelessly to get every dollar that they deserve. The Whitley Advantage is like having one big hug around you, the client.
We offer a free initial consultation with no obligation. You can reach out to us today at (919) 785-5000 to get started and receive the Whitley Advantage.