Raleigh Premises Liability Lawyer
The cost of medical care after an accident on someone else’s property can become a crippling burden, even holding back your physical recovery as you assess your payment options. However, as a victim of someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to suffer alone. You definitely shouldn’t shoulder the cost of your medical treatment. With Whitley Law Firm, you’ll have the compassionate support of our team as we pursue financial compensation.
We will fight for your peace and recovery. While we take on the legal system to secure your compensation, we’ll also counsel, guide, and uplift you. Your well-being is our number one priority; you’re more than a client; you’re part of our family. And we advocate fiercely for our family. That is the Whitley Advantage.
Our Quality Legal Care Offers More Than Just Results
Every personal injury attorney can promise results. The difference is in the way that your legal representatives treat and prioritize you and conduct themselves. At Whitley Law Firm, we value honesty, integrity, and hard work, just like you do. And as members of this community, we know how best to serve you during this difficult time.
Here are some of the ways we support our clients throughout the legal process:
- We work for you, not the other way around. This means that we honor your requests and fight for your best interests, not ours. Our time is your time.
- We offer responsive, whole-hearted care. Not only can you request an appointment at any time, but you’ll have direct access to your attorney through their phone number and email. We return calls within 24 hours and make ourselves available by text to answer any question or concern.
- We are locally owned and operated. Living and working in North Carolina has allowed us to build connections that we use to provide better service and care.
We Get Results, Too
Above all else, our attorneys will treat you as you deserve. Yet, kindness doesn’t pay your bills. While we support you personally during your recovery, we fight for the compensation that will help you to truly move forward.
Among other case results, we were able to secure $10 million for surviving family members of four individuals who passed away in an apartment fire. We will fight for a positive outcome in your case, too.
What Can I Recover From the Party Who Caused My Injuries?
After nearly 50 years of serving seriously injured people in our community, we know how important your settlement or verdict is to restoring your financial stability. After a serious accident, it can be difficult to focus on anything else but your pain and physical recovery. You shouldn’t have to split your attention between recovery, working, and navigating the legal system.
Allow our Raleigh premises liability lawyers to pursue the expenses, financial losses, and estimated value of your personal suffering from the liable party. No amount of money can make up for what you’ve been through, but we’d like to fight for the compensation that will help.
Here are some of the damages you could recover:
- The cost of your medical bills and treatment-related expenses
- The cost of future medical treatment
- Compensation for lost wages while you recover from your injuries
- Compensation for the loss of future earning capacity due to the long-term physical consequences of your injuries
- Compensation for your physical, mental, and emotional suffering
During your consultation, we can discuss the details of your accident and its effects on your life. We want to identify all the ways you’ve been affected by your accident, so we can demand an appropriate settlement.
Get Legal Advice and Representation for Nothing Out of Your Own Pocket
Whether we take you on as our client or not, we want to help you figure out your next steps. It can be overwhelming and exhausting to research your options, especially if you have no experience with insurance claims or lawsuits. During your free consultation, we can answer your questions about the process, guide you toward your next steps, and offer a compassionate shoulder to lean on.
Once you agree to hire our attorneys, you will never have to pay for our help out of your own pocket. We will take a percentage of your final settlement or court award as payment for our services. Plus, we will be upfront with you from the beginning about what this payment arrangement will look like.
Who Is Liable for Injuries Sustained on Another Person’s Property?
The person or entity who is responsible for your losses will depend on where your accident occurred. We can determine who to pursue once we discuss your case. However, generally, these parties may be liable (financially responsible) for dangerous conditions or hazards:
- A landlord or property owner
- A homeowner
- Another resident
What Makes a Person Liable?
In premises liability cases, we must prove that the owner (or another responsible party) was negligent. Generally, this means that they:
- Knew of or caused a hazard or dangerous condition
- Failed to repair the problem in a reasonable amount of time
- Failed to post adequate warnings of the problem
Other circumstances, such as habitually leaving a property uncared for, can still make the landowner liable, even if they didn’t know of a specific hazard.
Common Premises Liability Accidents We Handle
There are a few common kinds of accidents often caused by negligence. Some of these incidents include:
- Tripping over cracked or damaged flooring
- Tripping over obstacles, such as rugs, debris, or clutter
- Slipping on wet or icy surfaces
- Electric shock or electrocution from exposed wires
- Falling down an unsafe stairwell
- Falling from a window
- Becoming the victim of a burglar or violent crime
- Falling ill due to lead-based paint
- Suffering injuries due to insufficient security, safety devices, or lighting
This list can’t account for all of the ways you may have been hurt. If you’re wondering whether your situation applies, we can answer your questions over the phone or in person. You can request an appointment at any time.
Contact a Raleigh Premises Liability Lawyer Today
If you were severely injured on another person’s property, it’s understandable to feel lost and confused. Thankfully, you don’t have to learn the legal system overnight. Our team is happy to provide you with free legal advice. During our discussion, we can talk about your options and the best next steps. If we are right for you, then your Raleigh premises liability lawyer will build your case from the bottom up.
Allow us to set your mind at ease. You can reach us at (919) 785-5000.