Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyer
At Whitley Law Firm, we focus on one thing: helping injured people in Greensboro recover damages after suffering a negligence-related injury. We know it can be difficult to adjust to the sudden physical and emotional trauma of an accident caused by someone else’s wrongdoing. These tough times are often further complicated by worries about medical bills, missed work, lost income, and the legal issues that can arise when claiming compensation.
Our Greensboro personal injury lawyers can help if you or a loved one was recently injured because of another party’s negligence or wrongful conduct. In these situations, we provide guidance, emotional support, and legal counsel to obtain a positive outcome. We offer a free consultation to discuss your situation, explain your legal options, and determine what we can do to help. Call (919) 785-5000 to learn more.
Legal Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis: You Pay Nothing Upfront
We know you have many financial worries in the aftermath of a serious accident. That’s why we offer our legal services on a contingency-fee basis (also known as a no-win, no-fee basis). This means you do not have to worry about paying anything upfront; we take on the financial risk of building your case––and we only recover our fees from a pre-agreed percentage of your insurance settlement or court verdict.
In short, we do not charge any fees for our legal services unless we obtain compensation for you. You can learn more about this arrangement during your free case review.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas in Greensboro, NC
Our legal team advocates for our friends and neighbors hurt by others’ negligence. Since 1974, we’ve managed these practice areas:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability cases, including those involving defective drugs
- Wrongful death
Even if you don’t see your specific situation listed here, don’t worry. If you suffered serious injuries because of another party’s negligence, we want to learn your story and explain your options.
Compensable Losses Following Your Personal Injury in Greensboro
First and foremost, it is important to seek medical attention if you were injured in an accident. Doing so can also protect your legal rights and establish a connection between your injuries and the incident that hurt you.
During your recovery, we aim to recover every expense related to your accident, including:
- Medical bills, treatment, and rehabilitation costs (including hospital stays, diagnostic tests, surgeries, prescriptions, home care, specialist medical equipment, home or vehicle adaptations, counseling, or physiotherapy)
- Lost income
- Reduced future earning capacity (if your injuries prevent or limit your ability to work in the future)
- Physical pain and psychological harm, such as anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder, caused by the accident
Unfortunately, people are injured through negligence every day, ranging from minor to life-changing. If you’re wondering what negligence means, it is a term used to describe the failure of an individual or business to exercise reasonable care, resulting in harm or injury to another person.
To Recover Damages, Our Greensboro Injury Lawyers Prove Negligence
Negligence can occur in a wide variety of situations, such as auto accidents, slips, falls, defective products, or accidents at work. However, to recover compensation, you must prove the following elements: duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
Let’s take a car accident as an example. Imagine you’re injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver. Every motorist has a duty of care to operate their vehicle safely and responsibly to avoid harming others. Drunk driving is a breach of this duty and the cause of the accident and your injuries. As a result of the driver’s negligence (drunk driving), you suffered physical, emotional, and financial damages.
We Offer a Suite of Legal Services to Advance Your Injury Case
We prove your case’s required elements by building a solid, evidence-backed case. This way, you can focus on your recovery without the stress of dealing with insurance companies, managing case administration, or overcoming legal disputes.
With Whitley Law Firm on your side, you get access to our skills, knowledge, and experience. We aim to build the strongest possible case by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Identifying who is responsible for causing the accident (and why)
- Gathering evidence to prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Assessing the full financial extent of your physical, emotional, and financial damages
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf for appropriate compensation
- Taking your case to court if it is in your best interest
We also manage your case’s time-sensitive aspects, including the statute of limitations. But what does this mean?
The statute of limitations for personal injury in North Carolina limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after suffering an accident. Per G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit.
With prompt notification, we can set your case in motion and prevent any deadlines from expiring. We want to do everything in our power to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
We Stand Up to Insurance Companies: Don’t Settle for Less Than You Deserve
We support our clients by advocating for fair compensation in the aftermath of life-changing incidents. Yet, the path to financial recovery isn’t easy. That’s because insurance companies operate to make money, and they’re more motivated to avoid liability rather than fairly compensate people.
To justify a lowball settlement, the liable insurance company may:
- Downplay the severity of your condition
- Question the cost of your losses
- Blame you for what happened
- Employ bad faith insurance practices
- Fail to respond to your messages and phone calls
We stand up to insurance companies and fight for what you’re entitled to, challenging resistance from insurers by reviewing policy coverage and presenting evidence to support your claim. With us, you have over five decades of experience in settlement negotiations and trial litigation at your full disposal. You’re not alone during this challenging time.
What Do Previous Clients Share About Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
We’re not like other North Carolina injury firms. That’s because, to us, you’re more than the sum of your damages. You’re a member of our community who deserves compensation for their losses.
Still unsure about entrusting us with your case? Just listen to what previous clients have shared about our quality of service:
- “The entire staff treats everyone with respect, courtesy, and dignity. Bob made me feel like I had another family. They helped me & my family through the roughest darkest days of our lives. For anyone who is seeking sound legal advice and direction, as well as welcome you in like you are part of their family–WHITLEY LAW FIRM is the ONLY place to call. Thank You all for everything and staying by my side every step I had to make!” – K.J.
- “You can put your stress in their hands and be grateful you did.” – D.G.
- “They made every rough road a smooth one and treated me as if I were their only client. I will and have recommended the Whitley Law Firm to any and all who seek their professional services.” – W.M.
We take the time to build genuine connections with everyone we help because we care about the people in the communities we live and serve throughout North Carolina. Our roots are here, and we are proud to be part of its rich history and make it a better place to live.
You Can Feel Confident in Our Lawyers’ Ability to Recover Compensation
Over the years, we’ve recovered millions of dollars for injured claimants. Some of our most notable case results include:
- $10 million. A devastating apartment fire led to the deaths of four teens. Our investigation showed that both the apartment complex and the 911 dispatcher acted negligently. We resolved this high-stakes case through insurance negotiations.
- $5.5 million. Our client was a mail carrier in a rural area. While completing her work-related duties, she was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer truck. She suffered paralysis and vision loss. We also resolved this case through negotiations.
- $4 million. Our client suffered life-altering injuries after plummeting from a faulty scaffolding on a construction site. An investigation showed that the general contractor did not employ the required safety measures, resulting in our client’s injuries.
We hope to settle your case for the highest possible value. The nature of your condition, the details of your injuries, and the accident itself will determine what you can recover.
Frequently Asked Questions of Our Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyers
When you entrust our legal team with your case, you don’t have to worry about anything. We do everything in our power to hold the negligent party financially accountable for your losses. Yet, you may have some questions about how.
We’ve compiled some of the most commonly asked questions we get from prospective clients here.
What Should I Do After Suffering Injuries in Greensboro?
You should seek medical attention as soon as possible after suffering a serious injury. This accomplishes two things:
- It helps you get the treatment you need to reach maximum medical improvement.
- It connects your injuries to the incident that hurt you.
Our team can use your imaging scans, lab test results, and doctors’ testimony to bolster your case. Other considerations in the aftermath of your accident include limiting what you post online, following your doctor’s orders, and consulting with our legal team.
What Injuries Allow Me to File a Personal Injury Case?
Whitley Law Firm advocates for people who have suffered life-altering injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Nerve damage, such as complex regional pain syndrome
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- The loss of one or more limbs
As noted, medical attention serves as the crux of your personal injury claim. So, if you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to seek medical attention.
What Is the Whitley Advantage?
While researching your options, you may have come across “the Whitley Advantage” on our site. But what does this mean? We believe that compassion, coupled with our hunger for justice, puts our clients in the best possible position to recover compensation.
Here’s what you can expect throughout our working relationship:
- A comprehensive, free legal consultation
- Over five decades of experience helping injured people with their compensation claims
- Offices at multiple locations across North Carolina
- Unlimited appointments
- Responsive and easy communication with your lawyer
- Regular case updates and check-ins to see if you’re getting the care and support you deserve
- A long track history of success in resolving complex personal injury cases
- No-win, no-fee legal representation
The Whitley Advantage isn’t one thing; it’s everything.
Will I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit to Recover Damages?
At this time, we can’t say whether you’ll have to file a lawsuit to recover damages. Our trial-ready lawyers have no problem filing a lawsuit if your situation calls for one. However, we’re pleased to share that most injury cases get resolved through negotiations. We evaluate each of your options and implement a strategy that achieves your goals.
How Long Does It Take to Recover Damages in a Personal Injury Case?
Every case takes its own amount of time to settle. It could take days, weeks, or months to secure the financial recovery you deserve. We keep your case on track and overcome any obstacles that prevent you from getting compensated.
Let the Whitley Law Firm Family Help You and Your Family
At Whitley Law Firm, we care about you, your family, and your future. As such, we focus our knowledge, experience, and resources on helping you receive the compensation you deserve so you can look forward to a brighter future.
You do not have to go it alone after an accident or injury. Instead, contact our Greensboro personal injury attorneys who can provide you with the comfort and support you want during this difficult time. To get started, dial (919) 785-5000. Remember: we never charge a fee for our initial consultation, so finding out if we can help won’t cost you a thing!