Greenville Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents can happen to anyone at any time. Our personal injury lawyers in Greenville help people rebuild their lives after being seriously hurt because of someone else’s negligence. If the worst happens and you are worrying about missing work, paying for your treatment, or how you will continue to support your family while you recover, take a breath. You’ve come to the right place. Let our family take care of your family.
Entrusting us to fight for the compensation you deserve is a privilege and a responsibility we take to heart. As such, our approach is a bit different. Everything we do is focused on supporting your comfort, well-being, and legal interests as you recover. During the legal process, we tend to your needs with compassion, kindness, and care. This is the Whitley Advantage.
Because we care for the hardworking people of our community, we want to be sure we’re the right option for you. If we can help, we will fight for your compensation for no upfront costs or fees. Call (919) 785-5000 to get started with your free consultation today.
What Can Whitley Law Firm Do to Help After an Accident?
We believe in providing exceptional legal representation for seriously injured people and their families. For us, this means prioritizing you and your health above everything else. Why? The answer is simple. You deserve more than just a lawyer. You deserve an advocate who cares as much about your well-being as they do about the final result of your case. This has been the touchstone of our approach since 1974, and it has earned us our good standing throughout North Carolina.
Along with tending to your situation with wholehearted compassion and care, we are determined and meticulous when building a robust case. In practical terms, this can involve the following services:
Investigating the Cause of the Accident
To recover compensation for your injuries, we must establish who caused or contributed to your accident. Generally, determining the cause is the first step.
Gathering Evidence to Build a Robust Claim
Our Greenville personal injury lawyer can make a difference in your final settlement by collecting quality evidence to support your case. For example, medical, financial, and accident reconstruction professionals work with us to provide expert testimony in support of your case. This can be a significant advantage in proving the at-fault party’s liability for the accident.
Strong cases are built around well-organized and presented evidence. As such, we may use evidence like:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Expert testimony
- Employee records
- Defendant background checks
- Witness statements
- Video or photographs taken at the accident scene
- CCTV footage
- Dashcam footage
- Maintenance history records
- Wage stubs
- Product manufacturing, design, or testing data
The kind of evidence we collect will depend on the type of accident you suffered. Your attorney will know which documents and visual evidence will most benefit your case.
Meeting the Criteria to Prove the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
Our attorneys dedicate the time, energy, and resources to build a legal strategy that represents your interests and proves the other party’s fault. This typically involves demonstrating the following elements:
The At-Fault Party Owed You a Duty of Care
A ‘duty of care’ means that people are obligated to act in line with set standards, rules, laws, or regulations to keep others from harm. Here are a few examples:
- Drivers have a duty of care to all other road users to follow traffic laws.
- Employers have a duty of care to protect their employees’ health and safety per Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- Property and business owners have a duty of care to ensure their premises are reasonably safe for the public or tenants per premises liability laws.
The At-Fault Party Did Something That Jeopardized Your Safety
When a person or organization is negligent, it means they did something they shouldn’t have done or failed to do something they should have. For example:
- Motorists are negligent when they drink and drive, text while driving, or speed, among other reckless actions.
- Employers are negligent when they do not provide a safe working environment or sufficient safety equipment.
- Property owners are negligent when they do not attend to spills, fail to warn customers of hazards, or do not promptly fix hazards.
You Suffered Harm Due to The Negligent Party’s Actions (Or Inactions)
At this stage, your attorneys must show that your injuries were caused by the accident. To do this, we use the evidence we gather to provide a clear account of the incident, the extent of your injuries, and their effect on you and your family in the future.
You Have Demonstrable Physical, Emotional, And Financial Damages
The final stage requires proof of your current and ongoing physical, emotional, and financial losses. Again, evidence plays a critical part. We use it to estimate what you will need to fully recover and lessen your personal suffering.
Assessing Your Current and Anticipated Financial Damages
While you focus on healing and your family, we aggressively pursue the liable party for financial damages related to the following:
- Medical bills, treatment, and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries limit or prevent you from working
- Home or vehicle adaptations required to accommodate a disabling condition
- Pain and suffering compensation for the physical and emotional harm you suffer
- Disfigurement, loss of mobility, and physical impairment
- Lost or damaged property
Wrongful Death Damages
If the accident was fatal, we are very sorry for your loss. We would be honored if you allowed us to pursue justice on your behalf. We know compensation cannot make up for your grief, but your family should not also have to endure financial hardship along with your suffering.
Our wrongful death attorneys may be able to secure these damages:
- The cost of a funeral and burial
- Your loved one’s medical expenses
- Compensation for your loved one’s pain and suffering
- The loss of your loved one’s financial support
- The loss of care, service, and love provided by your loved one
It may feel overwhelming to consider taking legal action while your family is grieving. Rest assured, we will act as your family’s voice during this process. While you focus on healing and moving forward, we will handle your case from beginning to end.
Negotiating for the Compensation You Deserve
Since insurance companies are in the habit of low-balling settlements and dragging their feet, we will fight for the compensation you need while streamlining the legal process for you as much as possible.
While we do the heavy lifting, we ensure you have effective legal counsel to make informed decisions (such as accepting or rejecting settlement offers). After all, we work for you–not the other way around. We will support you at every stage, so you don’t suffer undue stress over the length of your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Greenville, NC
We can assist in a variety of situations, typically related to the following:
- Auto accidents
- Passenger accidents involving buses or rideshares
- Cycling and pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Injuries caused by dangerous products, such as defective medical devices
- Work-related injuries or illnesses
- Premises liability accidents caused by a slip, trip, or fall
- Dog bite injuries
Whatever the cause of the accident, if we can help, we will guide you through the legal process. We aim to provide practical, effective, hands-on service rooted in kindness.
Why Should I Get a Lawyer to Help With My Case?
As a general guide, if your case involves issues that can complicate the legal process, it is beneficial to work with a team experienced in handling them. Examples of claims that may be more complex include:
- Cases involving serious injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, loss of a limb or the use of a limb, a chronic lifelong illness, disability, or the tragic loss of a loved one.
- Cases involving multiple parties, such as a truck accident or rideshare, where the driver and their employer could share blame for causing the accident.
- Cases involving large corporations with the resources and legal teams to heavily defend claims against them, such as defective medical products.
These are just a handful of examples. The best way to assess whether your case would benefit from legal representation is to reach out and ask. We are happy to provide guidance here at no cost or obligation.
Contact Our Team for A Free Consultation About Your Injury Claim Today
As a family-oriented law firm, our mission is to help seriously injured people in our community. We want you to have access to the best medical care and a settlement that will improve your quality of life. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- A free initial consultation
- Legal representation provided with a no-win, no-fee guarantee
- Over 80 years of combined legal experience
- As many appointments as you’d like
- Prompt responses to your questions
- Regular case updates
To learn more about making a personal injury claim today, contact our team online or call (919) 785-5000.