Fayetteville Personal Injury Lawyer
Your whole life, you’ve seen commercials and billboards for personal injury lawyers. You never thought that after suffering serious injuries, you would want one to handle your case. If you’re stressed about the claims process after a car accident, slip and fall, or another incident, you can put your worries aside. You’ve come to the right place.
At Whitley Law Firm in Fayetteville, our personal injury lawyers use our 80 years of collective experience to protect your legal rights. We take the time to learn your story, meet your family, and evaluate your goals. Then, we fight hard for a settlement that accounts for the full cost of your losses.
Call us today at (919) 785-5000 to begin a free, no-obligation case evaluation. There are no strings attached; this is your opportunity to share your story and set your case in motion.
Our Family Wants to Help Your Family Recover Compensation After an Injury
Our law firm focuses on many aspects of personal injury law, handling a wide array of practice areas. Since we first opened our doors in 1974, we’ve recovered damages for people after suffering:
- Car, bus, and truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Marine and aviation accidents
- On-the-job accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Injuries from dangerous and defective products
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Assisted living negligence
We also offer compassionate legal help to families who have lost loved ones. Our personal injury and wrongful death attorneys do everything possible to offer peace of mind and comprehensive legal help.
Our Injured Clients in Fayetteville Benefit From the Whitley Advantage
For nearly 50 years, we’ve taken an approach to cases and client care that we call the Whitley Advantage. The Whitley Advantage isn’t just one thing; it’s care, it’s compassion, it’s listening—really listening. It’s protecting our clients like we would our own family. It’s everything to us.
We treat our clients as we would like to be treated by providing whole-hearted, hands-on care and service based in kindness.
- Legal assistance in Spanish or English
- Appointments as you need them
- Phone calls returned within a day
- The email address of your attorney
- An understanding that we work for you, not the other way around
- A promise of hard work, honesty, and compassion
We also offer these and other benefits on a contingency-fee basis. Our clients never pay out of pocket for our services. Compensation for our attorney’s fees comes from the settlement we secure on your behalf. We don’t want to add to your financial stress during this challenging time. We aim to alleviate your worries wherever possible.
Our Fayetteville Personal Injury Attorneys Never Back Down From a Fight
Whitley Law Firm approaches each case as we would for our own family, intent on providing protection, guidance, and empathy. In cases like yours, where you have suffered a life-altering injury, we aim to change your story. We do not settle without fighting for every dime you deserve.
When we take on your case after your free case consultation, you can focus on recovery as we manage the day-to-day legal concerns. Our law firm:
- Investigates your accident. We consult accident experts to evaluate the event that led to your injury. Your personal injury attorney will look for supporting evidence, including CCTV footage, eyewitness statements, police and medical reports, and other data specific to your circumstances.
- Proves the other party’s negligence. To recover financial compensation, the state requires us to show that because another party acted without regard for others’ safety, you suffered injuries and have damages. This requires investigating your accident and identifying its contributing factors.
- Negotiates a fair settlement. Our attorneys will walk you through the personal injury claims process, accounting for each of your losses. The liable party’s insurance company may not initially offer fair compensation. In this instance, we can present additional evidence, review the liable policy, and advise you on whether to accept an offer.
- Prepares for trial if necessary. If the insurance company denies your claim or offers a low settlement, we prepare for trial and represent you in court. Here, we can take depositions, cross-examine witnesses, and follow courtroom procedures.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all strategy for personal injury cases––and our attorneys serving Fayetteville know that. We evaluate your case and base our next steps based on your situation. That way, we pursue compensation that accounts for your present and anticipated losses.
Our Legal Team Manages Your Case’s Statute of Limitations
North Carolina allows three years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you do not file within this time period, the state will dismiss your case, preventing you from seeking monetary compensation.
With prompt notice, our Fayetteville attorneys will monitor this important deadline and handle other time-sensitive aspects of your personal injury claim.
Our Lawyers Help You Reclaim Your Future After a Personal Injury in Fayetteville
Life-changing injuries may affect your physical or mental abilities. These types of injuries demand a compensation settlement or verdict that is equally life-changing. Your future may not be as you envisioned it before you were hurt, but you deserve a life filled with the same promise.
In North Carolina, if an act of negligence causes your injury, you have the right to pursue appropriate compensation for your losses. That compensation may be for economic damages, which are expenses you can document with receipts or invoices. You can also recover non-economic damages, which are intangible losses that relate to your quality of life.
We Seek Financial Recovery for Your Monetary Losses
Our Fayetteville personal injury attorneys intend to seek maximum compensation for your financial losses, some of which may include:
- Medical costs. With a catastrophic injury, medical costs may be the biggest drain on your finances. Your expenses may include surgeries, hospital stays, prescriptions, medical appointments, and more.
- Out-of-pocket expenses. A serious injury interrupts the normal flow of your life. You may be unable to perform daily tasks such as grocery shopping, home maintenance, childcare, and all of the other chores that are a part of life. You may need to hire people to help you with these responsibilities. No problem; that’s compensable.
- Property damage expenses. If your vehicle or personal property was damaged in the accident that caused your injury, you may pursue compensation for any repair or replacement costs.
- Lost wages or loss of future earnings. A serious injury usually requires time off of work or at least reduced hours during recovery. The wages you lose during that time are considered compensable losses. If you are unable to return to work, you may also seek compensation for loss of future earnings.
Every situation comes with its own set of compensable damages. There is no average settlement value. Even two people injured in the same incident can incur different losses. We evaluate how the accident affected your life, and then determine what would constitute a fair settlement from the liable party.
Our Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Your Non-Economic Hardships
As noted, non-economic damages don’t come with receipts. Yet, they’re still an integral part of your injury case. Examples of non-economic losses are:
- Pain and suffering. An accident can cause you to suffer and feel pain at the moment of injury and for months or years after. Included under the term “pain and suffering” are anxiety, depression, emotional distress, grief, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of quality of life.
- Loss of consortium and change in relationships. A catastrophic bodily injury may negatively affect your spousal relationship. Other relationships with loved ones and friends may also change or cease due to the physical or mental injuries you endured.
- Scars or disfigurement. When a serious injury causes visible scarring or disfigurement, this may cause depression and low self-esteem. Significant contractures may also make it difficult or impossible to move as freely as you did before the accident.
- Disability. Losing part of your body through amputation can cause a lifetime of constant physical pain, as can paralysis. Amputation or losing the use of all or part of your body through paralysis also brings emotional trauma that never completely goes away. Your settlement should acknowledge how a disability has transformed your life.
How Much Can I Recover After Suffering an Accident Injury in Fayetteville?
The cost of a catastrophic injury depends on the victim’s age and the severity of their condition. For instance, the lifetime costs for a 25-year-old paraplegic are nearly $2.3 million. For a 50-year-old paraplegic, the lifetime cost would be about $1.5 million.
How much you can recover also depends on:
- The details of your accident
- Your estimated recovery period
- Your lost time from work
- Whether you can return to your career
- The cost of your out-of-pocket damages
- The liable insurance policy
Our law firm doesn’t want you to walk away with a penny less than you need. When we handle your legal matters, we intend to seek the best possible outcome. If the liable insurance company refuses to settle or negotiate in good faith, we can file a personal injury lawsuit and represent you there.
Recent Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Case Results at Whitley Law Firm
Whitley Law Firm wants you to feel confident about entrusting us with your injury claim or lawsuit. We believe that these recent victories highlight our dedication to clients:
- Four teenagers lost their lives in an apartment fire. After it was proven that the apartment complex knew about existing dangerous conditions and that the emergency operator did not appropriately advise the teens, the victims’ families received a settlement of $10 million.
- A mail carrier’s vehicle was struck as she delivered the mail. She suffered paralysis and lost sight in her right eye. It was found that the driver of the tractor-trailer who hit her had a significant criminal record, and ultimately, the trucking company settled for $5.5 million.
- An ironworker paralyzed from a fall on the job received a $4 million settlement after we found that the contractor had not provided fall protection measures.
What Do Previous Personal Injury Clients Share About Whitley Law Firm?
Our clients often share their thoughts on what it was like to work with our law firm. We are grateful that they would take time after the traumas many experienced to share their stories. We can’t share everyone’s comments, but we believe this comment reflects the consensus:
- “Whitley Law Firm and I have had a long 6.5 year case together and I couldn’t thank them enough for all of the hard work they have done for me. They made every rough road a smooth one and treated me as if I were their only client. I have gotten to know a lot of the people in the firm and they feel like a part of my family. Whit, Stephen, and Linda and the rest of the staff went over and beyond to get things done for me and I will be forever grateful. I will and have recommended the Whitley Law Firm to any and all who seek their professional services. I look forward to working with them again in my upcoming case.” —W.M.
You can learn more about our commitment to your case’s outcome when you start your free, no-obligation case review.
Our Attorneys Advocate for People With These Severe Injuries
You may wonder if your injuries are serious enough to warrant legal action. If another party’s negligence caused your condition, and you incurred medical bills, we want to support you. We advocate for our friends and neighbors after suffering:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Loss of sight or hearing
Even if you don’t see your condition or diagnosis listed above, we still want to learn your story and advocate for fair compensation.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Fayetteville Offer Their Legal Support
Call us today at (919) 785-5000 to begin your free case evaluation. Here, we offer an honest opinion regarding your case and legal options. We can’t change the past, but we can fight for a better future.