2020 Elevating Others Scholarship
The attorneys here at Whitley Law Firm believe in giving back to the community, not only through volunteering but through our day to day work. As a personal injury law firm, we are constantly helping those who are in need of support. Through our work, we have seen how attention and care can make a difference in someone’s life.
This year, the Whitley Law Firm is proud to offer the Elevating Others Scholarship. This scholarship will be given to one student who goes above and beyond in their community by volunteering or through their daily job. Applicants are asked to describe the causes or organizations that they support and how their efforts help make life better for others in their community.
The winner of this scholarship will be chosen based on the criteria outlined below and will be awarded with $1,000 to help them with the cost of their education.
- Currently enrolled or about to attend an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program within the United States.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- We understand that due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Spring 2020 GPA may not be calculated. We will still consider applications without this, but if applicants have any documentation reflecting their performance, we will accept those as well.
- A 1,000 word essay response to the prompt “describe the causes and organizations that you support and how your efforts help make life better.”
- A professional resumé
- An official or unofficial transcript from their current school. High school seniors and transfer students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Elevating Others Scholarship will be chosen during September 2020 following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by September 1, 2020. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “[Applicant’s Name] – Elevating Others Scholarship Application.”