Pedestrian Safety Tips
Whenever pedestrians are amongst cars, trucks, vans, or SUVs, they should follow these basic safety tips:
- Look both ways before crossing streets or before entering/exiting parking lots
- Follow traffic signs and crosswalk signals
- Use sidewalks and stay off of freeways and restricted roads
- Walk facing traffic whenever sidewalks are not available so drivers can see someone is walking
- Be cautious when crossing streets or roads with high speed limits
When pedestrians follow these tips, they can reduce their chances of being involved in an accident. In the event that pedestrians are injured and they have reason to believe negligence played a role in their accidents, they should consult with a personal injury attorney.
At the Whitley Law Firm, we represent those who have been injured during pedestrian accidents. Contact us today to speak with a Raleigh personal injury attorney.