Charlotte Premises Liability Lawyer
There are certain places we go expecting to feel safe, such as a friend’s home, a school, or a place of business. We are seldom prepared when we unexpectedly suffer injuries on someone else’s property and have thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs. Yet, in situations like this, you have more than options; you have the support of Whitley Law Firm.
Our compassionate Charlotte premises liability lawyers have devoted years to helping those who have been put in harm’s way. When you share your story with us, we listen––really listen. You can feel confident about your case’s outcome once you entrust us with your legal matters. For us, being lawyers isn’t a job; it’s a calling.
Dial (919) 785-5000 to begin a free case review.
Get More Than a Lawyer; Get the Whitley Advantage
We have had the privilege of representing North Carolinians for more than 50 years. Our entire staff believes in treating our clients as we want to be treated, and we do this by offering each client the Whitley Advantage, which involves:
- Hands-on care
- Service based on kindness and compassion
- Listening to our clients
- Protecting our clients as we do our own family
We know that injuries can cause stress and turn your life inside out. Our personal injury lawyers aim to alleviate your concerns and worries by:
- Providing appointments as you need them
- Offering Spanish/English bilingual interactions
- Giving you your attorney’s email address and phone number
- Returning calls within 24 hours
- Remembering that we work for you, not the other way around
Our attorneys have successfully recovered millions in damages for our clients. We fight for justice, and we don’t settle without fighting for every dime you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Premises Liability Lawyer? Nothing.
There’s a reason why we have more than 50 years of experience; because people know they can come to us time and time again with their legal troubles. As we mentioned earlier, we offer free case evaluations. Then, if we’re lucky enough to be entrusted with your case, we work on contingency.
If you were injured on someone else’s property, we help you prepare a strong insurance claim for compensation, and we negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. Should negotiations fail to provide the settlement you deserve, you pay nothing. Put away your wallet and your checkbook; we charge nothing upfront or out-of-pocket––and the word “retainer” is virtually unheard of in our office.
You Benefit From Working With a Knowledgeable Premises Liability Attorney
A premises liability injury case can be surprisingly complicated. Our attorneys and investigators will dissect the chain of events leading up to and causing your injury, then use that information to bolster your claim.
We Prove How Another’s Negligence Led to Your Injury
To hold a property owner liable for your losses, we must prove negligence. This involves illustrating these four principles:
- The property owner had a legal obligation to keep their property safe for lawful guests (you).
- They did not keep the property in a reasonably safe condition or warn you of a potential hazard.
- You slipped, fell, and suffered injuries.
- You have damages resulting from the accident, such as lost income and pain and suffering.
But why do we have to prove negligence in the first place? That’s because, in comparison to other states, North Carolina operates on a strict negligence system. If you’re even one percent at fault for what happened, you would be barred from seeking financial recovery.
We don’t want you to worry about proving fault, negligence, and your case’s other required elements. All we want you to focus on is getting better. When it comes to gathering evidence, communicating with those involved, and calculating your losses, we take care of everything. Our support feels like a warm hug.
We Identify the Responsible Party in Your Premises Liability Claim
Before we can file your insurance claim or lawsuit, we must investigate the accident to determine who is responsible. Supporting evidence in your case could include the accident report, eyewitness testimony, and photos of the accident scene.
After evaluating these details, one or more of the following parties could have financial responsibility for your losses:
- The owner of the home, land, business property, or another type of property
- The renter or other occupant of the property, such as a home or business
- The manager of a property, such as an apartment complex
- Workers on a property or their employers
- The caretaker or security guard of the property
One of our jobs, as your premises liability attorneys, is to connect the dots between the cause of your injuries and the responsible party. As mentioned, this involved proving negligence which, again, we can take care of.
Prompt Legal Action Protects Your Premises Liability Case in Charlotte
Per G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait too long to file your case, and the deadline expires, you could lose the right to seek damages altogether. This is the last thing we want to happen.
Three years may seem adequate, but between doctors’ appointments, physical therapy, and other obligations, time flies. As we learn about your case, we’ll go over the various deadlines for pursuing full and fair compensation for your losses.
A Premises Liability Settlement Can Account for These and Other Expenses
Often, claimants call our office and ask what types of damages they can recover. Truthfully, we can’t answer those questions without reviewing their situations first. We need a full understanding of your diagnosis, treatment options, and accident details to put a fair value on your losses.
Compensable losses, whether through negotiations or litigation, may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Personal property repair or replacement
- Current lost income and loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Disability and disfigurement
You can also recover the cost of anything you spent out of pocket.
Our Previous Case Results Speak Volumes to Our Commitment to Client Success
To us, a successful case is more than compensation. It represents our dedication to injured claimants’ rights, future, and well-being. Below, you can read more about the outcomes we’ve secured for premises liability clients:
- Our client was inspecting a construction site when he suffered a leg injury. After the job site contractor denied financial liability, we secured $1.13 million for his losses.
- We were honored when our clients came to us with their wrongful death case. They lost a loved one after an apartment fire broke out due to the landlord and property owner’s negligence. We secured $1 million through litigation.
We’ve secured other positive outcomes not listed here. We hope that by sharing these results, you feel confident in our ability to manage your legal matters.
We’re Empowered by the Testimonials We Get From Previous Clients
Many of our clients have taken the time to share their experiences with our law firm, and we appreciate that. Sharon’s words reflect the thoughts of many:
- “I would just like to thank you for your hard work. It resulted in my favor. I look forward to continuing working with you. I appreciate your advice, honesty and integrity. You made me feel special. I will have no trouble recommending you to everyone. Thanks again and I look forward to the future with you.”
Another client, Danielle, felt compelled to share:
- “Mr. Whitley will ACTUALLY believe your side and fight for you. He is not the snake-in-the-grass with a venomous-bite type of Lawyer. He is a good man, with good principles and believes in companies doing what is right by their client.”
Our partnership never ends. Even after your case settles, feel free to turn to us with any other injury-related concerns you have. We’re always here when you need us.
I Suffered a Premises Liability Incident in Charlotte. What Now?
Upon learning about your case, we can share what your next steps should look like. We may recommend that you:
Complete Your Recommended Treatment Plan
If your doctor suggests that you do something, do it. This may include attending physical therapy, taking certain medications, and refraining from physically strenuous activity. You don’t want to give the insurer, at-fault party, or another lawyer to question the severity of your condition. If you want to discontinue any aspect of your treatment, consult with your doctor first.
Refer All Settlement Offers to Your Lawyer
You may feel tempted to accept an offer just for the sake of settling your case. But do you know how much you’re owed for pain and suffering? What about disability and scarring? Our lawyers do. You don’t want to accept a settlement that doesn’t account for your losses because you would be unable to request additional funds later.
Your premises liability lawyer in Charlotte can evaluate any settlement offers and advise you accordingly. If a settlement doesn’t meet your needs, we can continue negotiating or file a lawsuit.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Premises Liability Team
With patience, dedication, and persistence, our Charlotte premises liability lawyers will listen to your story and pursue the best possible settlement. In a situation like this, you deserve a seasoned attorney who is well-versed in state, local, and federal law. You have our promise that when you partner with Whitley Law Firm, we work tirelessly to advocate for what you need.
Call our office at (919) 785-5000 to begin your free consultation today.