Ozempic and Mounjaro Lawsuit Lawyer
If you developed severe gastrointestinal problems while taking Ozempic or Mounjaro to combat your type 2 diabetes or as a weight loss drug, you could file a lawsuit against the drugs’ makers.
Our dangerous drug lawyers are experienced in product liability, negligence, and personal injury laws that demand accountability from drug companies. If you are suffering from one or both of these drugs, call (919) 785-5000 to begin your free case evaluation.
During our conversation, a personal injury lawyer from Whitley Law Firm can explain your options and set your case in motion.
You Could Have a Case Against the Makers of Ozempic or Mounjaro
Ozempic and Mounjaro are injectable drugs designed to help improve blood sugar in those living with type 2 diabetes. They both also make you feel full for extended periods by slowing down how fast food leaves your stomach. This makes it easy to lose weight while taking either of these drugs. They are prescribed off-label for non-diabetics by some healthcare professionals for this purpose.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversees the approval of many drugs for these purposes. While both of these drugs are deemed “safe” for use, the FDA can’t possibly foresee every drug-related complication. So, although you were prescribed these drugs by a doctor, you could still have a case against the products’ manufacturers.
Drug Companies Have a Responsibility to Consumers
After learning about the adverse effects of Ozempic or Mounjaro, experts believe that drug companies knew of the risk of gastroparesis and gastroenteritis associated with these medications yet failed to adequately warn consumers of the actual risks.
Drug manufacturers, such as Novo Nordisk (the maker of Ozempic) and Eli Lilly and Company (the maker of Mounjaro), have a legal duty to warn healthcare providers and patients of the potential side effects (and the possible severity of those risks) associated with a drug.
If a drug company does not provide adequate warnings, and a patient is harmed by taking the drug, the patient may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Each case is individual in its circumstances. Our experienced attorneys will explore the viability of an Ozempic or Mounjaro lawsuit with you during your initial call.
The Benefits of Working With an Ozempic and Mounjaro Lawsuit Attorney
At Whitley Law Firm, our dangerous drug attorneys invite you to tell us about your experience with Ozempic or Mounjaro. Once we hear your story, we can outline your legal options and chart a path moving forward.
We serve you in the same way that we serve all North Carolinians: with the Whitley Advantage. The Whitley Advantage isn’t just one thing. It’s care. It’s compassion. It’s listening—really listening—it’s protecting our clients as we would our own family. To us, it’s everything. We provide whole-hearted, hands-on care and service based in kindness.
Our legal team offers:
- Bilingual service in English and Spanish
- Appointments when you need them
- Returned messages within 24 hours
- Your attorney’s email address
- A firm belief that we work for you, not the other way around
We ask that you let our family help yours. And above all else, know that we never settle without fighting for every dime you deserve.
Our Dangerous Drug Lawsuit Lawyers Manage Your Case’s Obligations
Every case is different and therefore comes with different obligations. Yet, when we take on cases against billion-dollar corporations, we support you by:
- Collecting evidence such as drug documentation, medical records, and expert medical review
- Relying on focus groups when preparing cases for court
- Maintaining constant communications to keep you apprised of all movement in your case (and communicating for you with all parties involved in the case)
- Negotiating with the drug companies and other liable parties
- Representing you in court if negotiations do not yield full and fair compensation
We do everything in our power to compel damages from the liable party. The outcome of your case matters to us.
It Costs You Nothing to Partner With Our Personal Injury Lawyers
Finding justice and recovering appropriate compensation for your losses is important. Understanding how much it costs to hire a lawyer is equally important.
Your initial consultation is free. This is where you get answers to your most pressing questions and learn about your options. If you and our attorney believe that working together makes sense, you will pay no fees until and unless we successfully recover a compensation judgment for you. This is called working on a contingency-fee basis, and it makes legal help accessible to those in need.
We never ask that our clients pay anything upfront or out of pocket.
Hear What Previous Clients Share About Our Personal Injury Law Firm
We cannot share all of the comments we’ve received from clients since we opened our doors in 1974. Yet, here is some feedback that sums up our commitment to client satisfaction:
- “Whitley Law Firm and I have had a long 6.5 year case together and I couldn’t thank them enough for all of the hard work they have done for me. They made every rough road a smooth one and treated me as if I were their only client. I have gotten to know a lot of the people in the firm and they feel like a part of my family.” —W.M.
- “I would like to send my appreciation and gratitude out to the Whitley Law Firm in Kinston. Especially to SHANNON JONES & BOB WHITLEY, along with all the other staff members. The entire staff treats everyone with respect, courtesy and dignity. Shannon and Bob made me feel like I had another family with them. They helped me & my family through the roughest darkest days of our lives.” ––K.J.
Our Dangerous Drug Attorneys Seek Full Compensation for Your Losses
As more and more patients step forward, we’re seeing that taking Ozempic or Mounjaro can cause major injuries in some individuals. If you have been harmed by one or both drugs, you may have the right to pursue compensation for your losses. With our attorneys’ help, you could recover damages that account for:
- Medical bills related to your injuries from taking one or both drugs
- Lost wages if you are unable to work for any length of time
- Loss of enjoyment in life, if your injuries prevent you from doing the things you once did that brought you joy
- Pain and suffering, including the physical discomfort you experience and the emotional distress you suffer
- Loss of companionship or consortium, if your injuries change your life to the extent that they affect your relationships
- The inconvenience suffered when a severe injury alters your life
- The cost of anything you spent out of pocket related to your medical condition
You may be due additional compensation for losses unique to your case. Our attorneys thoroughly review and account for all of your losses as we build your legal claim.
What Injuries Serve as Grounds for an Ozempic and Mounjaro Lawsuit?
Not everyone who has side effects from taking either Ozempic or Moujaro will have reason to file a lawsuit against the drug companies. While there is a list of well-known side effects from taking either drug, they do not usually pose a serious risk:
- Stomach pain
- Excessive vomiting
- Decreased appetite
As noted, these are some of the common side effects from taking these drugs. Yet, here are some adverse events that could allow you to seek compensation:
Gastroparesis (Also Known as Paralysis of the Stomach)
When you eat, your stomach muscles help move the food through your digestive tract. If you have gastroparesis, the stomach muscles work more slowly or may not work at all, leaving the food in the digestive tract for longer periods or for so long that it becomes hard, and measures must be taken to help move the food through the stomach.
Gastroenteritis is the condition of having an inflamed stomach or intestines. Sometimes, you develop gastroenteritis when you’re infected with a virus, but it can also develop through taking medications, including but not limited to laxatives, antibiotics, or antacids with magnesium.
Because of the vomiting and diarrhea associated with gastroenteritis, dehydration becomes a serious risk as it can lead to organ damage and even death.
Contact Our Ozempic and Mounjaro Lawsuit Attorneys Today
If you developed severe complications from taking Ozempic or Mounjaro, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries. Your rights are the same whether you were prescribed one of the drugs to treat your type 2 diabetes or for weight loss purposes.
Call us at (919) 785-5000 to begin your free case evaluation. What happened to you matters to us. At Whitley Law Firm, we follow the Golden Rule and always treat our clients as we would like to be treated. We invite you to become part of our family.