Jacksonville Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you were injured while visiting someone else’s property because the owner was negligent in maintaining, repairing, or attending to hazardous conditions, you have the right to take action and seek compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
With over five decades of experience supporting people with injury claims, Whitley Law Firm understands the physical, emotional, and financial strain a serious injury has on you and your family, and we want to help. To learn more about how a Jacksonville slip and fall lawyer can help you, call our team at (919) 785-5000 and get started with your journey to recovery.
Recovering From the Physical and Emotional Effects of a Slip and Fall Accident in Jacksonville
Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere. Unsafe floor surfaces, walkway obstacles, or hazardous conditions typically cause them. Injuries can be far more distressing than embarrassment and mild bruising.
In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one in five falls results in serious injury, such as a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or broken bones. Over 800,000 people are hospitalized yearly due to slip or fall accidents.
Dealing with an injury’s physical pain and discomfort can be draining and difficult to cope with. You should not have to worry about paying medical bills or the impact of lost wages on your family on top of everything else you’re dealing with.
The Whitley Advantage
Let our Jacksonville slip and fall lawyers lift the weight from your shoulders. We will tend to your case with care and compassion while fighting for the compensation you deserve related to:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages or income due to missed work
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional trauma, such as anxiety or depression
- Reduced mobility, independence, or ability to work
- The ongoing cost of your medical care and treatment
At Whitley Law Firm, we treat clients like family. Our Jacksonville slip-and-fall attorneys will always ensure you get the support and care you need. Getting in touch is easy if you need an appointment or have questions, and we provide our legal services on a contingency fee arrangement. This means there is nothing to pay until we recover compensation for you.
We promise to treat you with care and compassion, listen to your wants and needs, and develop a personal relationship with you. This is all part of “The Whitley Advantage.”
Premises Liability Law: Do I Have a Valid Slip-and-Fall Case?
Establishing negligence in premises liability cases can be challenging and legally complex, especially while recovering, but you do not have to face this battle alone. Healing from your injuries, getting the treatment you need, spending time with family, and obtaining the compensation you deserve are your top priorities right now. Our top priority is looking after your comfort and well-being while helping you achieve those goals.
Simply put, if you were injured through someone’s negligence while visiting a property or business premises, you likely have a claim. Slip-and-fall accidents can often be avoided when the property owner takes care to ensure safety by:
- Conducting preventative maintenance
- Completing repairs within a reasonable time
- Taking action to attend to or warn of unsafe conditions on the property
When this does not happen, and you’re injured, it can be difficult to know what to do. So, if you have questions, we’re happy to provide comprehensive answers in a free consultation. Meanwhile, review the pointers below to learn more about premises liability cases.
- After a slip and fall accident, you must seek medical attention immediately if you are injured to protect your health and strengthen your claim.
- Property owners have a duty to anticipate, discover, and repair defects on their properties. If it is unsafe for people to enter, or the owner was (or should have been) aware of unsafe or dangerous conditions and did not correct them – such as an unattended spill on a store floor – they may be liable for your injuries.
- Common causes of slip and fall accidents include wet or slippery floors, uneven or damaged flooring, changes in floor surfaces, poor lighting, or cluttered walkways. Other risk factors include steep stairwells, broken handrails, potholes in parking lots, building code violations, and dangerous weather conditions, such as ice or snow.
- Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries, affecting your home life and ability to work. Examples include soft tissue injuries, fractures, traumatic brain injury causing seizures and cognitive impairment, and spinal cord injury. Other consequences may include joint, ligament, or muscle pain, herniated discs, tears or sprains, broken bones, fractures, loss of mobility, and emotional trauma such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
- The duty of care property owners owe to visitors depends on the visitor’s status at the time of the accident (for example, invitee, guest, customer, employee, licensee, or trespasser).
- To prove fault, you must show there was a hazard on the property, the owner knew (or should have known) about it, and they failed to address or warn you about it.
- Evidence is key in establishing fault. Examples of evidence we could use to support your claim include witness testimony, photographs of the accident scene, documentation of prior complaints or incidents, video footage, expert testimony, and medical reports.
- You have three years from the injury date to file a personal injury lawsuit, per North Carolina’s statute of limitations (G.S. §1-52).
Don’t settle for just any lawyer after a slip-and-fall accident in Jacksonville. You deserve an advocate who cares as much about your comfort and well-being during the legal process as they do about winning the compensation you deserve and need to move past this difficult time. The Whitley Law Firm family is here to do just that for you.
When You Are Injured, Your Jacksonville Slip and Fall Lawyer Is in Your Corner, Fighting for Fair Compensation
Insurance companies operate to make a profit. Therefore, they may delay, deny, or undervalue your claim to save money by:
- Disputing fault to avoid liability
- Minimizing or dismissing the extent of your injuries
- Using their experience, skills, and knowledge of personal injury and insurance laws to mount a strong defense against your claim – especially if your case involves serious injuries
- Delaying the claim process to “wear-down” injured claimants
- Offering inadequate, low settlements as a “quick-fix,” taking advantage of your vulnerable position and worries about paying medical bills and other financial obligations
- Denying your claim, hoping you do not have the resources or motivation to pursue the matter further
With over five decades of experience helping injured claimants and a focus on personal injury law, our Jacksonville slip-and-fall attorneys have learned a thing or two about the challenges of dealing with insurers. As such, we provide valuable insights and strategies to help you fight for fair compensation while managing all communications and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf.
We will lead settlement negotiations so you get all the compensation you deserve. Our knowledge, compassion, and experience provide peace of mind that your case is in good hands, while our caring approach ensures you get the support you need for your journey to recovery.
Reach Out to Whitley Law Firm for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a slip and fall injury in Jacksonville, a Jacksonville slip and fall lawyer from Whitley Law Firm can help you to determine whether you have a claim and possible next steps. Contact us online or call (919) 785-5000 for a free consultation today.