New Bern Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
With beautiful scenery, winding roadways, and pleasant weather, it makes sense that motorcycling is a popular mode of transport for many New Bern residents. However, due to increased traffic on the roads, even a five-minute ride can result in a serious accident. What’s more, the claims process isn’t easy, as North Carolina has a strict fault-based system.
We don’t want you to struggle to recover the compensation you deserve – especially while managing your recovery. Our New Bern motorcycle accident lawyers will support you and your family. Whitley Law Firm tends to your situation with compassion and determination, taking care of your physical and emotional well-being while guiding you through the legal process.
Our team understands the complexities of motorcycle injury cases and works tirelessly to achieve a fair and just outcome. Call (919) 785-5000 to begin your free case review.
You Pay Nothing to Partner With Our Motorcycle Accident Team
Between paying for medical care and missing time from work, you might worry about affording a lawyer. Yet, you can breathe easily because Whitley Law Firm works on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t pay a dime for us to break ground on your case. You don’t pay hourly rates or retainers, either.
A pre-determined portion of your settlement will account for our attorney’s fees. Our personal injury lawyers never ask that you pay a dime out of pocket to secure our support.
Whitley Law Firm Is Here to Help with Your Journey to Recovery in New Bern
We have helped injured people for nearly 50 years, so we understand the physical, emotional, and financial hardship a serious injury can cause and what this means for you and your family. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are committed to helping you by providing exceptional legal representation and client support that prioritizes your needs above all else.
We work closely with you and your family to understand the circumstances surrounding your injury and how it affects your home life, ability to work, and future opportunities. This enables us to build a strong case that accurately reflects your unique situation.
Our New Bern Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Offer Comprehensive Legal Help
You and your family are far more than just a calculation of your injuries. We place great importance on the “personal” aspect of personal injury law. It’s what makes us different from other injury firms. When you come to us, you become part of the Whitley Law Firm family, and we protect your well-being as we would our own.
Here are a few practical examples of how we provide focused client care:
- You can make as many appointments with us as you need.
- When you call or send an email, we get back to you within 24 hours.
- We offer a free initial case evaluation where you can explore your options and ask questions.
- You get regular case updates and check-ins to see you get the care you and your family deserve.
- We offer no-win, no-fee legal representation with no upfront costs. We only recover our fees upon achieving a favorable settlement or court verdict.
- Our firm has served North Carolinians since 1974. This experience gives us unique insight into motorcycle accident cases.
- We’re a law firm with a sole focus on personal injury law.
- Our lawyers have a long history of success in resolving personal injury claims.
- We have multiple offices spanning North Carolina for your convenience.
We provide everything your claim needs, so that you can focus entirely on rebuilding your life. With our team on your side, you’re in good hands.
Take It From Our Former Clients: We Offer Kind-hearted Legal Support
We’re motivated by the words our clients leave behind about our quality of service. Just read what some have shared:
- “I can do nothing but praise Whit and his staff. They were just a blessing for us. I just referred my sister-in-law to them and I tell everyone to go there. No words can say how they treat their clients!” – M.T.
- “In just a few short months, nearly a month and half, I watched the stress pour off me and hope regained. The Whitley Law Firm, Ben, his Father, Jocelyn, everyone will treat you like a member of their family and they stand up for their family! I hope you will give them the chance I did, you will be ever so grateful too!” – D.G.
We’re confident that at the conclusion of your New Bern motorcycle accident case, you’ll also have positive feelings about our client-focused care.
Our Lawyers Take the Stress Out of Your Motorcycle Accident Case
After a serious accident, it is essential to make your recovery as comfortable as possible. Having us manage your claim can ease some of the strain at this difficult time. In practical terms, we advance your case by:
Investigating the Cause of the Accident
Our lawyers serving New Bern thoroughly investigate the accident’s cause to identify who is responsible and why. We gather, preserve, and organize evidence from the investigation to build your case.
Gathering Evidence to Build a Robust Case
There are many types of evidence we could use to prove your right to damages, such as:
- Photographs and videos captured at the accident scene
- Your account of what happened
- Witness statements
- The police/accident report
- Medical statements
- Expert testimony from financial planners and medical professionals
- Income reports
- CCTV footage
- Vehicle maintenance records, employee checks, and other relevant company documents (if a negligent employer or driver caused the accident)
Assessing the Full Extent of Your Injuries
We examine each way the accident has affected your life by working closely with you and your family. This way, we have an accurate financial report when negotiating with the liable party for a fair and just settlement on your behalf. Compensable losses in your case may include:
- Current and ongoing costs associated with your medical bills, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Loss of income due to being injured
- Loss of future earning capacity if your injuries limit what you can do workwise or if you cannot return to work
- Ongoing physical pain or emotional suffering, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression
- Loss of enjoyment of life if your injuries limit your ability to partake in hobbies or activities you enjoyed before the accident
- The cost of additional home care, assistive medical devices, or specialist equipment needed as part of your recovery and ongoing care needs
- Lost or damaged property
Negotiating for the Settlement You Deserve
Insurance companies operate to make a profit. Unfortunately, this means that their best interests do not always align with what’s right for you. In this situation, you deserve a strong ally representing your best interests. This is where we come in. We will be your voice during the legal process, protecting your rights and presenting your case clearly.
Filing a Lawsuit
Often, we resolve personal injury claims through insurance negotiations. Yet, we have no problem filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party if negotiations don’t work out. Managing your lawsuit comes with many obligations, but don’t worry; we can handle all of them, from taking depositions to making closing arguments.
Our Lawyers Learn Fault and Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident
Liability for a motorcycle accident rests with the party (or parties) who caused the accident. There are many different potential causes of motorcycle accidents, including but not limited to:
- Aggressive driving
- Excessive speeding
- Drug or alcohol intoxication
- Distracted driving, such as texting behind the wheel
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to drive accordingly in harsh weather conditions
- Poorly maintained roads and highways
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Defective vehicle parts
Potentially liable parties can include the driver, a driver’s employer, a government entity responsible for the upkeep of the roads, or a vehicle or parts manufacturer. We carefully examine the cause of the accident to determine who is responsible and identify all potential sources of compensation.
Don’t Worry About Proving Negligence––Leave That to Our New Bern Lawyers
Unlike most states, North Carolina still follows the strict contributory negligence law. Under this rule, personal injury victims who contribute to their injuries—even if only by one percent—cannot seek recovery for their damages.
If you are found at fault in any way for causing the collision or contributing to your injuries, you cannot recover compensation. We fight to protect your best interests by challenging unfair disputes over fault by building a robust and evidence-backed case showing your entitlement to compensation.
Contact Whitley Law Firm for a Free Case Review Today
At Whitley Law Firm, taking care of our clients while fighting for the compensation they deserve is what we do best. For more than five decades, we have stood strong with families whose lives have been devastated by the negligence of others. We want to help you, too.
If you have questions about making a claim or otherwise securing legal help, our New Bern motorcycle accident attorneys will review your case for free and help you determine the next steps. Contact us at (919) 785-5000 today. We’re here to help.