Durham Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you or a loved one was hurt in a slip and fall accident, we could help you recover compensation for your current and projected medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other losses related to the accident. Severely injured people are often intimidated by the idea of legal action, especially with so many other worries to account for. Our personal injury attorneys can handle the legal process on your behalf.
In addition to exceptional legal representation, we offer our clients something that makes us different. Taking care of you is our biggest priority. This is the Whitley Advantage—a level of service we deliver to all of our clients that looks like:
- Seeking justice on your behalf
- Doing the legal heavy lifting so that you can focus on your recovery
- Wholehearted, genuine care and compassion
- Caring for you as family, standing with you through difficult times
- Supporting you at every stage of your claim and your journey to recovery
- No hidden or upfront costs or fees
- Using our over 80 years of combined legal experience to advocate for you
Our Durham slip and fall lawyers will defend your rights, guide you through the legal process, and fight for the best outcome for your case. To learn more about how we can help, contact our team at (919) 785-5000 for a free consultation today.
How We Help You Claim Compensation After a Slip and Fall Accident in Durham
Uncertainty about whether you’ll be able to pay your medical bills can lead to anxiety that hinders your recovery. We don’t want anything to get in the way of your health and peace of mind, so we are here to guide you.
When we calculate the sum of your losses and assign a value to your personal suffering, we use the evidence we gather to help us create this estimate, including your:
- Car repair estimates
- Wage reports
- Expert testimony
- Your own testimony
While we know that no amount of money can make up for your pain, we do hope that it can make it easier to cope. We fight to recover damages like:
- The cost of current and future medical care
- Current and future lost wages, benefits, and retirement savings
- The cost of in-home care and accommodations for a disabling condition
- The out-of-pocket costs for ridesharing services or public transportation
- Your physical pain
- The inconvenience your injuries bring to your daily routine
- Your emotional anguish and mental distress
- Lost quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
While we estimate the potential value of these losses, we don’t see dollar signs when it comes to your suffering. We see an opportunity to fight for you and your recovery. For your financial security, for justice, for a chance to restore lost quality of life, we will fight for the fair value of your personal losses.
Protect Your Right to Compensation By Following These Steps
From the moment we take you on as our client, we will handle every part of the legal process. Our goal is to add as little to your plate as possible; however, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself and your case, including:
- Seeking medical attention. If you or a loved one was injured in a slip or fall, please seek medical attention for any injuries. Your health is the most important thing to consider.
- Taking photos or video of the accident scene and your injuries. If you cannot, ask a friend or family member to help. We can visit the accident scene to handle this task, or sometimes, the attending police officer will help.
- Talking to our team during a free consultation. Whether we end up working together or not, we want to help. We provide free, comprehensive legal advice to everyone who calls our office. If you just need someone to listen, we are here. If we aren’t the right option for you, we will help you decide on your next best steps.
You are our priority. We want you to make a solid recovery without the hassle and strain of dealing with a complex injury case. Let us take on this legal burden for you.
Our Team Can Help You After All Types of Slips and Falls
North Carolina premises liability law allows you to recover compensation for injuries you sustain on someone else’s property. To pursue damages, your attorney must show that another person or organization did something (or failed to do something) that caused the accident.
Here are a few common scenarios involving slip and fall accidents to give you an idea of what that may look like:
- A grocery store failed to keep the aisles clean and free of liquids or debris that can cause people to slip and fall.
- An apartment building or business allowed loose, damaged brick or concrete or inadequate lighting to increase the risk of an accident on its walkways.
- A business or residence did not maintain stairways, leaving debris or loose handrails to become a hazard for people using the building.
- A business or residence left rugs or loose carpet in walkways that could cause someone to slip or fall.
These are just a handful of hazardous conditions that commonly cause injuries. If you suffered injuries on someone else’s property, whatever your situation, you deserve compensation from the negligent party. We are here to listen, offer counsel, and guide your next steps.
Our Durham Slip and Fall Lawyers Will Manage Every Aspect of Your Case
Our attorneys will investigate your case as soon as possible. This way, we can preserve evidence and document the location of the incident before anyone can alter the scene.
We will also locate, contact, and interview any witnesses to the slip or fall. Independent witnesses can help the case by backing up your version of events. All possible evidence must be gathered to strengthen the case and increase the likelihood of recovering sufficient compensation to the injured party. If you’re severely injured, these steps may feel impossible to undertake on your own.
That’s why we’re here. Let us handle your case from beginning to end. We will offer you the support you need while we take the lead on your case.
We Focus on the ‘Personal’ in Personal Injury Law
For almost five decades, the team at the Whitley Law Firm has been dedicated to helping people who are injured through no fault of their own. Our reputation and good standing in the local community are based not only on the excellent results we achieve but on our dedication to taking exceptional care of our clients and their families. We want to help you, too.
Let us put our skills, knowledge, and experience to work for you today. To learn more about how we can help, call for a free consultation at (919) 785-5000.