Fayetteville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Fayetteville is called the least walkable city in the U.S. We have beautiful nature trails for hiking, but the city needs work to make it a safe and pleasant place to stroll. Several cities in North Carolina are at the low end of the walkable scale, with pedestrian deaths on the rise.
If you suffered a serious injury while walking or jogging in Fayetteville, our pedestrian accident lawyers offer free, no-obligation case evaluations. Whitley Law Firm can answer your questions and discuss the legal options that would most benefit you. When we partner together, our Fayetteville personal injury lawyers charge nothing upfront to start on your case.
Call (919) 785-5000 to begin your free initial consultation. We will put our nearly 50 years of serving injured people to work for you. We never settle without fighting for every dime you deserve.
Our Fayetteville Attorneys Are by Your Side After a Pedestrian Accident
A serious accident leaves you unprepared to focus on anything beyond recovery. Our clients battle horrible injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, and other catastrophic damage that leaves them with no energy for anything other than trying to get better.
Our Fayetteville pedestrian accident attorneys know the trauma you live with. We step in and guide you and your family through the legal process toward the best possible outcome. As your attorneys, we:
- Investigate the accident and gather evidence supporting your claim or lawsuit
- Build your claim with proper documentation to support your losses, file it with the liable party(s) insurance company, and negotiate on your behalf for a full and fair compensation settlement
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court, if settlement negotiations fail
In the aftermath of your pedestrian accident, you deserve this time to rest and recuperate. In the meantime, our lawyers can build and manage your claim from beginning to end. You can expect timely updates along the way, so you always understand what’s going on.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Prove Negligence Led to Your Pedestrian Accident
To recover full and fair compensation for your losses, we must show how the at-fault party’s negligence led to the crash. To do this, we gather evidence to demonstrate:
- The defendant had a duty of care not to harm others. For instance, if you were hit by a car while you were in a crosswalk, the driver had a duty of care to follow the law and give you the right-of-way.
- The defendant breached that duty by not behaving in the way a reasonably prudent person would.
- By not following the rules of the road, the defendant’s car hit you, and you were injured.
- The injury caused you to suffer losses, such as medical costs and pain and suffering.
You don’t have to sort out issues regarding fault, negligence, and liability with our team on your side. The personal injury attorneys at Whitley Law Firm handle your injury claim from beginning to end.
Our Lawyers Stop at Nothing When Resolving Your Pedestrian Accident Case
If another party’s negligence caused your pedestrian accident, you deserve full and fair compensation for your injury-related hardships.
An accident can result in economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages have supporting documentation, like invoices and receipts, to show the financial cost associated with each loss. Non-economic damages are subjective and have values based on various factors unique to you and the accident.
Recoverable losses in your Fayetteville injury claim include:
- Past and future medical expenses, including hospitalization, doctors’ co-pays, medications, and surgeries
- Out-of-pocket expenses that come about because of your injury, including childcare, home maintenance, and lawncare costs
- Property damaged during the accident that needs to be repaired or replaced, such as your smartphone
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, benefits, and other employment-generated revenue
- Lost future earnings if your injury limits your working ability
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- A disability or disfigurement resulting from the accident that brings long-term physical and mental challenges
Losses following a pedestrian accident in Fayetteville can be extensive. We take the time to calculate your losses, so when we resolve your case, you have every dollar you need.
We Must File Your Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit Within the Statute of Limitations
North Carolina’s statute of limitations allows you three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Even though our law firm resolves most cases through insurance negotiations, we prepare your case for trial from the beginning. That way, if negotiations don’t work out, we still have the option of suing the at-fault party.
If this deadline expires and you haven’t filed your personal injury lawsuit, you could lose the right to damages. The liable insurer would also have no obligation to negotiate. When we said we take care of everything your case requires, we weren’t kidding. Our obligations include building, filing, and managing your case within the appropriate deadline.
Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Have Resolved Countless Cases
Over the years, we’ve recovered millions of dollars in damages, including for victims of pedestrian accidents.
Our recent results include:
- A $735,000 settlement for a woman who suffered 44% permanent partial disability after she was run over by a pickup truck. A child left in the idling vehicle put the truck into gear, and it rolled down an incline, running over the victim.
- A $550,000 resolution for a woman pinned to a wall by a car, resulting in a fractured tibia and fibula.
How much you can recover depends on your situation, not the results listed above. We consider the severity of your condition, estimated recovery period, and other aspects of your case when fighting for what you deserve.
Take It From Previous Clients––Our Lawyers Pursue Financial Justice
We could go on and on about our commitment to client success and previous outcomes. Yet, we find that the words of previous clients go a long way in demonstrating our legal prowess. Some have felt compelled to share these online reviews:
- “Whitley Law Firm and I have had a long 6.5 year case together and I couldn’t thank them enough for all of the hard work they have done for me. They made every rough road a smooth one and treated me as if I were their only client … I will and have recommended the Whitley Law Firm to any and all who seek their professional services. I look forward to working with them again in my upcoming case.” —W.M.
- “Mr. Whitley will ACTUALLY believe your side and fight for you. He is not the snake-in-the-grass with a venomous-bite type of Lawyer. He is a good man, with good principles and believes in companies doing what is right by their client.” ––D.G.
- “I would just like to thank you for your hard work. It resulted in my favor. I look forward to continuing working with you. I appreciate your advice, honesty and integrity. You made me feel special. I will have no trouble recommending you to everyone.” ––S.B.
At the conclusion of our partnership, we’re confident that you’ll feel the same way about our quality of service.
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Fayetteville?
After a pedestrian accident, there are a few things that could help your case. If possible, you should:
- Call 911 to report the accident and obtain a copy of the police report.
- Get medical care as soon as possible and tell your provider what happened. Mention any pain or discomfort you may feel, no matter how minor, follow all instructions, and attend all of your future appointments.
- Write down or take pictures of the names and contact information of those involved in the accident, as well as eyewitnesses.
- Write down or record everything that happened before, during, and after the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Don’t talk about your accident with the defendant’s insurance company, on social media, or with anyone until you speak with a pedestrian accident attorney.
When you call for your initial consultation, we can share what other measures could bolster your pedestrian accident case’s outcome.
Call Our Fayetteville Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Today
The shock of suffering severe injuries in a pedestrian accident may send you into a tailspin. However, our law firm is here to keep you grounded and aware of your legal options. Throughout our partnership, we stand between you and the other parties, handling everything your case requires to yield compensation.
We understand the magnitude of what’s happened to you. When you become a Whitley Law Firm client, we protect you as if you were family. We’ll get you through this and help you rebuild your life. Call (919) 785-5000 to get started. Remember: we work on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t pay anything to partner with our pedestrian accident attorneys.