Robert E. Whitley, Jr. Named a Specialist in Workers’ Comp
The Board of Legal Specialization has recently recognized Attorney Robert E. Whitley, Jr. of the Whitley Law Firm for his talent and ability in the area of workers’ compensation law in North Carolina.
The process to become a specialist in a particular area of the law is extremely difficult and only a select few can be named a “specialist” in their area of the law.
An attorney must meet and go above and beyond the following qualifications:
- Be an active member and in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar for the last five years or longer.
- At least 25% of the attorney’s practice must be dedicated to the particular area of the law that they wish to become a specialist in.
- Continue their education by attending seminars in this area of the law.
- Have positive evaluations by other judges and lawyers.
- Pass a written exam in this area of the law.
The legal board of certification in North Carolina was created in 1983, and has been recognizing lawyers all across the community for their excellence and dedication to certain areas of the law. The board’s ultimate goal is to provide the public with information as to which lawyers have exceptional knowledge and ability in their particular area of the law and to improve the competency of lawyers by providing additional incentive.
If you or someone you know has been injured at your place of employment, immediately talk to a North Carolina workers’ compensation attorney at our firm who is a certified specialist in this area of the law. He can assist you in filing your claim, appealing a denied claim or seeking death benefits on behalf of a loved one who has lost their life.
To learn more, contact a Raleigh workers’ compensation lawyer today!