Kinston Premises Liability Lawyer
Being injured while out in public—whether at a friend’s home or at the mall—can be an upsetting and painful experience. What’s worse, after it happens, there may be medical bills, missed work, and depending on the injury, a long recovery period.
If the property owner knowingly allowed a hazard to exist on their premises, and you suffered injuries, they could be liable for your losses. These include your medical bills, lost income, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
A Kinston premises liability lawyer from Whitley Law Firm does more than pursue compensation; we offer a shoulder to lean on. We help people who get injured because of others’ negligence. Let us take on your legal battle, so you can focus on what’s most important: you. Dial (919) 785-5000 for a free case review.
Why Entrust Your Case to Our Kinston Premises Liability Team?
North Carolina is a pure contributory negligence state, meaning if you caused your accident in any way, you can’t recover damages. This makes it critical to consider your legal options. Our lawyers understand North Carolina’s negligence laws and how they pertain to our clients’ cases.
In addition to gathering strong evidence to support your case, our personal injury lawyers also:
- File your claim
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters
- Adhere to your case’s filing deadline
- Handle all case-related communications
- Litigate your case, if necessary
Above all else, we offer wholehearted legal care. Our family wants to help your family.
We Manage All Case-Related Deadlines for You
You don’t have an unlimited time to seek damages after suffering injuries on another party’s property. Per G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years to bring your lawsuit against the at-fault party. After suffering a serious injury, time passes in the blink of an eye. What’s more, the longer you wait to initiate legal action, the more complicated your case could become.
We Prove That Negligence Caused Your Premises Liability Accident
In a premises liability case, we must prove that the premises owner’s negligence caused your accident. This means that they didn’t act as a reasonable person would in the same situation, and as a result, you were injured.
Proving negligence requires us to demonstrate these four elements:
- The at-fault party oversaw the property you visited.
- This party did not keep its premises safe for invited guests.
- You suffered injuries from an avoidable hazard.
- You have damages.
We can prove these elements using the police report, eyewitness testimony, and surveillance footage.
Recoverable Monetary Damages in Kinston Premises Liability Cases
The types of damages you could pursue depend on the specific facts of your claim. Every premises liability case is unique. With our team’s guidance and advocacy, you could recover:
- Medical expenses. Usually, the reasonable cost of the healthcare services you needed to treat your wounds is compensable.
- Lost wages. If you could not work because of your injuries and you did not receive your full, usual income during that time, you could have a claim for lost wages.
- Decreased earning capacity. You might have to reduce your working hours or take a position that pays less if ongoing problems from your injuries interfere with your ability to work.
- Pain and suffering. This accounts for the physical and emotional toll of the accident on your life.
- Other non-economic losses. Other compensable non-economic damages in your case may include disfigurement from extensive scars, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic pain, or loss of enjoyment of life.
Our lawyers intend to seek compensation for the full scope of your losses, including those you haven’t incurred yet. We want you to walk away from the claims process with the financial resources you need to move forward.
Our Kinston Lawyers Manage Cases Related to These Incidents
Premises liability laws in North Carolina intend to protect visitors from injuries on others’ property. By law, every property owner has the duty to keep their premises safe from hazards that could lead to injury like slippery floors, a security breach on site, or a lack of adequate signage to indicate a hazard.
Often, premises liability injury cases are the result of:
- Uneven sidewalks or badly kept walkways
- Dog bites or other animal attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Unsafe construction sites
- Stairs with missing steps or rails
- Slippery or wet floors
- Overcrowded places
- A lack of security staff
We advocate for people who have suffered serious or lasting injuries, like bone fractures, lacerations, burns, flesh wounds, head trauma, neck or back injury, and even spinal cord damage, which could lead to paralysis. We know you’re going through a difficult period in your life. Let us take on your legal burdens so you can focus on your health and well-being in Kinston.
What Do People Share About Whitley Law Firm’s Team in Kinston?
Our clients are the reason why we come to work every day. We’re encouraged by the kind words they leave behind about our compassion and quality of service. Some have disclosed:
- “I would like to send my appreciation and gratitude out to the Whitley Law Firm in Kinston. Especially to SHANNON JONES & BOB WHITLEY, along with all the other staff members. The entire staff treats everyone with respect, courtesy and dignity.” ––K.J.
- “My case was unique in that I had two separate law firms working together to create a stronger case…to Ben’s suggestion… and it worked. I never thought I would win taking on a large government employer but in a way, I did, and in the quickest and the most stress free possible solution. In just a few short months, nearly a month and half, I watched the stress pour off me and hope regained.” ––D.G.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Kinston Legal Team
Sustaining an injury because of a property owner’s negligence is a frustrating ordeal that can lead to lasting burdens. Dealing with the recovery after a serious injury often means time out of work and mounting medical costs that can be physically and emotionally trying for the victim and their family.
We believe that it’s vital to seek the advice of an experienced premises liability lawyer in Kinston. Whitley Law Firm handles premises liability claims that involve severe injuries. With our help, you can put your worries aside and rebuild your life. Contact our firm today at (919) 785-5000 for a free case evaluation.